“A good Thai lace”

Thai Foon
Ranked #335 of 2,186 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went there with my wife and son. The food and service good. But it took a little long for the food to come.

There are newer reviews for Thai Foon

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Relatively bland tasteless Thai food. Pho was watery and lacking flavor, Fried rice dish was somewhat better. Service was poor for a slow night. There are better Asian restaurants nearby that have better food / value.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Convenient location, good service, and AMAZING food. My Massaman Curry was fresh and hot, very flavorful, and delicious. We will look forward to our next visit, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I live near Thai Foon and frequent it, not because of its proximity to our house, but because it's amazing! We absolutely love the food! I always get Jap Chap and we always split an order of crab rangoon and we have never once been disappointed. We usually get our order to go, but sometimes we eat in the restaurant and it's BYOB, which is great. The food is also super inexpensive, which is an added bonus! This is seriously Pittsburgh's best hidden gem!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is quickly becoming a favorite restaurant of mine. The food is delicious, the prices are great, and it ends up being a crowd pleaser in my family especially when there is quite a bit of indecision on what to eat.

I've been here a few times and here's what I've had so far:

- Thai Toast - pretty good shrimp toast with a little more spicy kick than you would normally get at a Chinese restaurant.
- Thai Dumplings - OK considering they're probably frozen.
- Roast Duck Noodle Soup - rich broth that isn't as salty as I've had in other places - a great dish.
- Pad Thai - I've ordered it with chicken and tofu. There's a slight upcharge for the chicken and tofu. But, it's worth it! Chicken is very tender and flavorful. The tofu is firm and holds up even in leftovers the next day. I order it spicy and ask for Thai Peppers on the side for some additional kick.