“Delicious Mediterranean food and friendly competent service”
Review of Mediterrano

Mediterrano
Ranked #961 of 2,194 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

From the appetizers, to the salads to the entrees and deserts, the creative use of familiar Mediterranean flavors by the Chef make the food stand out from other similar themed restaurants.
The decor and environment is pleasant and not stuffy and has been consistently good in the several times we have eaten there.
The only negative, had to to do with some overly loud diners who apparently were enjoying their meal a bit to much and were not concerned about any of the other diners in the restaurant.
The wait staff is very welcoming and friendly and let you know that they sincerely care about your dining experience.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

On a Friday night even though it was very busy we were seated quickly. Rachel was our server :) She was great!! She knew everything on the menu, & had a super smile for us even we had just seen her fall on the tile as we came in, she dusted it off like it never happened. Everything we had was AWESOME. We can't wait to come back!!!
The only thing I would mention is that this is BYOB!! They do not publicize this on their webpage or FB page. If we had known we would have BYOB.

1  Thank TJO422
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Had a slow cooked lamb shank with pasta and a sharp cheese shaved over top. My wife had a almond seared chilean sea bass done to perfection.

Total bill $50 plus tip and BYOB on the wine.

Can't go wrong.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I never heard of the place. A good friend stops there weekly for dinner and told us about it. LOVED The food. I got the lamb shank, Very very tender and moist. My wifes gyro platter came with fries covered with feta cheese. she also got a salad with the platter. Small place, great people. Stop by it is worth the drive.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I enjoy visiting Mediterrano because the food is always made with fresh ingredients, some of which will change on a seasonal basis, with most things being made "from scratch" by the hands of Chef Ben. I am a cook myself and when I sit down at a restaurant and can immediately tell that whoever created the food on my plate really cared about how it tastes, I feel like I'm "home."

This, folks, is not anonymous food!

Once, last autumn, I ordered an item from the Glyka (dessert) section of the menu and after a minute or two, was informed that there would be a substitution of the warm apple preserve with a honey walnut fig preserve, would that be okay? I asked about where they got their fig preserve and was told that they bought the figs fresh and the chef made the preserve himself. I was hooked (and I love figs.) Upon receiving my dessert, I lifted my fork with high hopes and guess what? Fabulous! You can taste real, trust me.

But as for the food on the main menu? Creative, interesting, fresh, often locally sourced, with such intense energy imbued by a chef who cares, nicely sized portions-- what are you waiting for? Try this restaurant out, please do yourself a favor.

Lastly: I see that one reviewer had a bad experience with the service, and that's a shame. I'm glad he said he'd try to revisit, because in all honesty, I've gone many times, taking many family members, friends, and out-of-town visitors for a good Greek meal and have never had bad service! Wow!

1  Thank Lisa G