“Bad Waiter-(Creepy)--Good Food !!!!”
Review of Zarra's

Zarra's
Ranked #399 of 2,196 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went to eat dinner there- the food was good ( bit overpriced) but the service sucks- especially the owners son. He waited on us, big mistake. What an idiot !! He's completely loud and extremely rude and I think he was a little bit drunk too. Would go back there but not with him around.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Staying across the street, this was a perfect voice for dinner tonight. Will be back. A very nice place for a party.

1  Thank Danwarybehopi
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Was staying at the Residence Inn across the street, and was looking for a dinner place within walking distance. I had read reviews here on TA and also other sites like Yelp, etc. about this place so was a little hesitant. But, I ventured over from the hotel. It's kind of a hole in the wall place, and shall we say "uniquely" decorated. It wasn't very crowded...a few people at the bar, and maybe 3 or 4 other tables with diners. Service was OK, but nothing spectacular. Food was mediocre to average. Entree plus drink was about $30.00. Food wasn't horrible as others describe, but nothing out of this world. Bland for the most part. Been there, done that. Next time I stay in the area, I will drive to another dining establishment.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife an in-laws were staying at the Marriott across the street, so we decide to get something to go to bring back to the hotel. They said it would be ready in 20 minutes for our simple selection , but it took 50 minutes. The stuffed mushrooms we dry and hardly edible. Only part of the sausage sandwich was eaten as it was lousy. The $12 salad was okay, but was only worth about half that price. And last but not least, we ordered two chicken soups. The soups came in old ricotta cheese containers and each had one huge dumping in it with no vegetables. They had NO taste whatsoever. I would recommend this place to no one.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

They advertise themselves as being Pittsburgh's finest Italian restaurant, but our experience made us feel otherwise. We did not get greeted in a welcoming and professional manner that is standard even for fast food restaurants. The place did not appear to be well-maintained and the decor cannot even be described. Soft drinks were available in the form of aluminum cans. When reviewing the menu to decide what to order we noticed that the menu selections did not match what is online and the pricing was more expensive. The entire meal was disgusting, from the bread to the entrees. The bread was not fresh and had some weird spicy kick to it. Our entrees were even worse (pretty sure they were microwaved). The chicken had a very bad taste and we had to stop eating it. The microwaved block of lasagna can't be described as anything but terrible and dry. One of the guys in our party was passing by the kitchen on his way back to our table when he heard the server ask if the mushrooms were ready yet. The person in the kitchen responded saying no, they are still in the microwave. After all this, dessert was not an option. We had to get out of there. Please do not waste your time or money on this place. I wish we would have gone to McDonald's instead. I have had bad meals before, but in my 33 years of existence it is safe to say this was the worst meal I have ever had.