“The best prepared coffee in Pittsburgh”

21st Street Coffee and Tea
Ranked #9 of 88 Coffee & Tea in Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am a coffee snob and addict at the same time. I go to great lengths to make my own coffee as well as possible so I do not have to rely on subpar coffee shops. That being said, 21st Street coffee in the Strip District is a place that I try to go to whenever and wherever I am dining in the Strip. All the baristas have mad skills and knowledge to make excellent coffee's. My personal favorite is the machiatto which is espresso with a little foam. It must be consumed in the coffee shop in the ceramic cup. Always tastes perfect and the extra effort and skill to make the foam art on top of the coffee is appreciated! The selection of dark chocolate bars is expensive but worth tasting. Sometimes it takes a little long to make the coffee the right way but it is worth it.

2  Thank Bassman64

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Lovely space. Great latte. I'm picky about my lattes and cappuccinos. This one's a winner. Will be back next time I'm in Pittsburgh.

1  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It is overpriced. I paid $4.5 for a small regular coffee. I think it is too much for a small regular coffee and the taste was not outstanding. You have to ask for milk. They do not keep it on the counter.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

You have to ask for sugar and/or milk, and they give you attitude for having the nerve to expect to be able to fix the coffee/tea you have just paid for to your taste preferences. And I was disappointed on a day when the temperature exceeded 90 degrees to find it was hot and humid inside, with just a couple of ceiling fans. Not sure how they stay in business with the condescending attitude, but I won't go back.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Yes, it's pricey. But not overpriced. If you want decent coffee, go to Dunkin Donuts; they make a darned fine pot.

They barely even have any pastries. Really, it's a coffee bar; not a breakfast place that serves coffee.

But if you want a memorable espresso, go here. Period.