“Love the wings and sandwiches”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #113 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have to admit I haven't tried the pie yet, but the grilled wings are awesome, the Roast Beef sandwich is piled high with tender beef and is great.

The bartenders are friendly and great too.

Don't miss it

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were referred here by a friend, but it has been very busy, every time we've tried....wow, I found out why, absolutely outstanding pizza and wings!!
We got a white pizza that melts in your mouth, and the wings, are just perfect. The pizza is well done, which I love, ( but it's not for everybody, I'm sure there are haters out there).
The wings are not fried, but are still crispy, no 'sauce' but full of delicious flavor.
The service was outstanding, and we 'beat the crowd' by arriving at 430 for a table.
We can't wait to return, again, and again :)
Thank you!!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Yes this is a busy place and expect to have a wait. However, the wait is worth the end result. The wings come without sauce (don't ask for any as they don't have ranch or blue cheese) but are phenomenally cooked as they are. Pizza are specialty in type but they also have your normal dishes. The craft and seasonal beer selection are broad in selection and always rotating in and out. This is also a nice place for happy hours after work.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The well done (burnt) edge crust isn't for everyone, but I loved it! My wife and I shared a salad, wings and the philly cheesesteak pizza. They were all fantastic. The wings and pizza are different than you would get any place else, but in a good way. Attentive and friendly service. Enjoyed the music & atmosphere. They also had some really interesting and tasty craft brews on tap! Oh, and if you're a dude, check out the pics in the men's room.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I'd been hearing this place has great pizza and was looking forward to my 1st visit. We ordered a large and within 15 minutes it was at our table! The crust was a little too fired, the sauce was bland, and my dining partner complained that his pepperoni and onion side tasted like my mushroom and peppers. The ratio of mushrooms, sweet peppers and cheese on my side was out of balance...way too many mushrooms. The hot chili pepper flakes on the table helped a little, but my overall experience was disappointing. I'm glad I tried the place, but $30 bucks for a pizza and a coke means I won't be going back.

1  Thank Jack F