“Lots of authentic choices”
Review of Dasonii Korean Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dasonii Korean Bistro
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went here with a Groupon; glad we did. Lots of choices, some I recognized, some I didn't. Friend dumplings were FANTASTIC! I tried the bibimbap and was pleased. It was spicy! Gunny got sushi and pronounced it some of the best and he should know. We went back a few weeks later and I got the vermicelli noodles. They were tasty but very sticky and slippery. The green tea with honey is lovely, and the green tea ice cream is amazing! Give it a try. Waitress was a sweetheart and afterwards we walked down a few steps and got coffee and biscotti at Nico's coffee.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Don't let the fact that it is in a shopping center deter you. Great food, reasonable prices, nicely decorated. The owner waited on us and helped us select our dishes. Easy to find with GPS. Continued on to airport full and happy.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The comfortable, modern interior was a pleasant surprise as the restaurant is located in a strip mall. The Korean dishes were tasty, attractively presented, and reasonably priced. Worth a visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Finally made it to Dasonii for a Saturday lunch, and left beyond stuffed. It didn't have the feel of eating a great home cooked meal, but I left satisfied with the overall experience.

There is plenty of room for a nice size lunch crowd, and I noticed most people were there for the sushi. I wanted Korean food, and started with a kimchi pancake, a great appetizer! It was huge, a single pancake the size of a large dinner plate, thick, and sliced like a pizza. Velvety inside, tasty, but without much crispness. I was disappointed with the soy sauce used as a dipping sauce, I was hoping for something with a little more spice, and flavor. The 4 panchan side dishes were average, not spicy, but fresh. The kimchi could've used a little more salt. I ordered the beef Bi Bim Bap (rice bowl with assorted vegetables, beef, and fried egg), and my daughter ordered the pork Bulgogi.

The Bap had a nice mix of cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, and traditional Korean bean sprouts. The beef was tender, but the egg was not sizzling hot, the kochujang (hot pepper paste) added flavor, but the dish still seemed like it was missing something. The pork bulgogi had a very light spice kick, and had a slight sweetness my daughter noticed.

Our server was polite, slightly slow making the rounds during a non peak time. The restaurant has a modern atmosphere to it, with a clear view of the kitchen, and nice sushi bar on one side of the restaurant. Finding Dasonii the first time was tricky, the location is in a larger shopping plaza off busy Steubenville Pike, the Dasonii sign is under an old baseball sign, so keep an eye out, or you'll miss it!

1  Thank janm175
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Ever since my friend told me about this restaurant, I have been stopping by at least every other week. everything was so good, glad i do not live next to it, i will be broke.
Good location, this is the first restaurant that i don't have to fight through traffic and jam into small parking spaces.
the restaurant decore is modern, place is clean. i have not find food that we don't like yet. we have been ordering a roll plus two dishes for two people. and their side dishes are freshly made everyday. yum