“"Delicious Indian Food on a quiet night"”

Coriander India Grill
Ranked #863 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Squirrel Hill South
Neighborhood: Squirrel Hill South
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Visiting family in Pittsburgh and first time to try Indian food for my sister and her husband. We happened upon this restaurant which has a very extensive menu.
Started with the Coriander Special Platter which had samosas, gobi ppakoras and vegetable paneer. All were tasty along with the mint and tamarind dips. Nice selection of naan in the Coriander bread basket. We shared entrees of: tandoori chicken, lamb, palak paneer, daal, chicken tikka masala and Karahi aloo gobi. There were 5 of us and we completely enjoyed our meal on a quiet Friday night. Service was very efficient. We had leftovers, enough for the 3 of us at home on Sunday evening. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

Nice selection and good veg options. The owner is a nice guy and usually stops by to make certain that we are enjoying our meals.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 8, 2016

Disappointed for multiple reasons. Food was not authentic Indian at all and had a lot of artificial food color added. Besides the lack of variety and quality of food, customer service is a myth in this restaurant. And is was our bad luck that the restaurateur was there that day. Here are few snippets on what happened on my first visit:-

Scene 1:-
Me - We are 3 of us, I think we will sit here (the center table).
Restaurateur - If you sit here you gotta pay for 6 as it has 6 chairs (LOL). You should sit there.
Me - But there are 4 chairs there. Does that mean we have to pay for 4?
Restaurateur - I'll remove one chair so that you don't have to pay for the 4th (And he actually did so, ridiculous)

Scene 2:-
Me - Can I get a spoon.
Restaurateur - All the spoons are there in the counter buddy (And waled away)

Scene 3:-
Me - (I took the plate with me for a second serving unmindfully, students you see :-P)
Restaurateur - You don't follow buffet etiquette, do you? You need to take fresh plates if you are taking food. (This was too much)
Me - Sorry, I have not been to buffet's where I do not enjoy. This' my first time.

In fact, I was new to the rude nature of a restaurant manager along with bad food. And then, the bill was thrown at us much before we were even done eating.

Except for the helpful waiters, nothing is worth the $11 heavy price. Avoid this place. There are plenty of other options available nearby.

Date of visit: October 2015
2  Thank scI-ROCKco
Reviewed September 17, 2015

We have only ordered carry-out, and so can't speak to the interior or staff: That granted, the food is consistently excellent and fresh, keeping us returning again and again.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank xparxy
Reviewed August 17, 2015

went to this place sunday @5pm. only5 other people in the restaurant. seated right away and directed to BUFFET????. where wasthe famous TANDOORI CHICKEN I asked the female attendant standing at the buffet. pointing to 4 old and dry looking chicken parts. are you kidding I asked. yes was the answer. I actually asked if this it or was more being prepared, her answer, when this is gone more will be cooked. not a good answer for me. I flagged down what appeared to be the owner or manager and asked, no pleaded for CHICKEN, he agreed more was needed, right away he said. 15 minutes later 6 small chicken parts appeared, all goobled up by a new family at the buffet. I asked if I would be given a discount price for the dinner.NO. YOU GET NO DISCOUNT you ate enough. I was told..i have eaten here before, but this was the last time for me.

Date of visit: August 2015