“Best coffee, best atmosphere, best service”
Review of Big Dog Coffee

Big Dog Coffee
Ranked #7 of 88 Coffee & Tea in Pittsburgh
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I don't think this place is a hidden gem because it's become quite popular. They have the best coffee in the city, great place for work or meeting up with friends...but I do have to say they also have the best chocolate chip cookie in the city...variety of deserts, an oatmeal bar and smoothies if that's your thing too

Reviewed September 8, 2013

i live on the slopes of south side and my big dog walks me there every morning to get his treat while i get awesome coffee . the best of the best!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding coffee. They use some kind of fair trade economic justice environmental peace coffee... And it is not just P.C., it's also delicious.

Not the place for a "real food" full meal... It's mostly pastries, but if you want nourishment without massive amounts of sugar, they do have delicious made fresh daily from scratch oatmeal.

Parking on this residential street one block off Carson (the main drag through the trendy Southside) is a challenge, but it's one worth taking on.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have to admit -- this place has been on my 'list' to visit for the past 6 months. I'm GLAD I finally made it!!

I was worried that it would be crowded on the late Saturday morning, but we got there in between lines -- there was little wait at the counter. [There was a huge line on our way out!]

I had the cranberry nut bread and a cup of the house brew. Delicious. The barristas were helpful and friendly. Fast service. But I didn't feel rushed to make a choice.

There was plenty of seating available inside and out in the garden/patio area. Free WiFi was wonderful. It was quiet and serene for working or meeting friends. Easy to find on the South Side -- on street parking was bad either. Restrooms were clean and everything seemed to be newly remodeled.

I'd recommend the experience AND I will be returning. I assure you -- it won't long!!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

OK, so it's just a coffee joint. Although it's a block from Caribou and Java Madness (or whatever that other place right on Carson is called), this coffee house, one block off Carson is worth finding if you need a cup of Joe. Parking can be hard, but the coffee is good, a few items to eat and an oatmeal bar allow you to enjoy breakfast in the comfort of a fireplace and cozy chairs. No rush here. Worth finding if you're in the area.