“nice atmosphere, good food”
Review of E2 - CLOSED

E2
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a little, cozy restaurant. The service is good and the people who work there know what they are serving. The appetizers are great: excellent selection of cheese (I recommend those from Italy) and good bread. The entrees are ok: good, but not top of the class. The cioppino (fish soup) is just average: not much fish variety and done with cream, which is not part of the original recipe.
Still, one of the best places in the 'burgh where you can have a good dinner in an intimate atmosphere, without spending too much money.

1  Thank MarcoLimoncello

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to E2 with an old friend whom I know likes to try lots of different dishes...so we ordered a lot of the appetizers and shared. Everything was really delicious! We even had enough room to share dessert....which we got the last piece of apple strata...so good!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband took me to this restaurant for my birthday after several recommendations from family/friends. We arrived early because they do not take reservations, but we got a table right away. We started with the grilled romaine salad, which was unique and delicious! We also had the gorganzola spread with grilled bread. We both liked it despite neither of us liking gorgonzola. I had the porcini cappelletti. This dish was full of flavor (I didn't even get it with chicken)! I would get this again! My husband had the spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were homemade and the sauce was very good. We did end up asking for more sauce because there wasn't enough. To finish, we ordered the salted caramel apple pie. The couple next to us recommended, saying that they order it every time. We enjoyed it very much! The salted caramel sauce could have been a dessert in itself! Service was excellent from start to finish! We would love to go back!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lovely neighborhood location, excellent and inventive fare with lots of local and seasonal ingredients. Attentive and friendly service.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

If you want "fancy", keep looking. But if you love AWESOME and interesting food you will LOVE E2. It is instantly a favorite in the burgh... That it is a BYOB just takes it over the top!

The puttanesca, grilled romaine, scallops with squash and fried polenta with dandelion greens blew the four of us away!

Loved it!