“Great Bar, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of New Amsterdam

New Amsterdam
Ranked #975 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bar, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Always some good local brews on tap. Always treat me well here. Food is pretty good. I would recommend buffalo chicken salad, wedding soup, the wings are good, but have a little too much sauce for me, however I still order them.
Art on display and for sale that changes at the beginning of each month, which more places should do in my opinion.

• Visited December 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great cocktail.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is pretty good. It's a really small place with a great mural painted on the side. Beer selection is good, prices on the high side, but I keep going back because every bartender there mixes an excellent cocktail. Seriously, among the best in the city.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Quality bar in Lawrenceville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Despite being a longtime Pittsburgh resident, I had basically never spent any time in Lawrenceville before last night. A friend of mine took me to New Amsterdam for a drink, and I really enjoyed the experience. The beer selection was great, and the two people who waited on us were both very friendly and attentive. They asked if we wanted food menus but we politely declined. The bar also has a perfect atmosphere for summer, since it appears to be in a garage, which is open to let the nice summer breeze in. Lawrenceville is a nice area of the city to hang out in, and I definitely plan to return to New Amsterdam.

• Visited May 2012