“Wonderful new experience!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Strip District
Neighborhood: Strip District
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My daughter's family has raved about Pho Van for months and finally introduced us to this Vietnam cuisine for a Sunday lunch. I didn't quite know how to order, so my choice (a pho bowl of seafood and rice noodles) was not my best because I don't really like cilantro, but adding the mint leaves, bean sprouts and sirachi made my soup delicious. My husband had a vermicelli rice plate that he greatly enjoyed. We loved the chicken teriyaki appetizer, which was so clean tasting. I usually don't like teriyaki because the sauce can be too thick and sweet. This was delightful. The grandchildren chose sandwiches and soups that they devoured. The other diners chose beef pho bowls that they also gladly slurred. The food was plentiful and very much a bargain. I look forward to increasing my palate experience with friends at this bybo oriental restaurant that had excellent service too boot.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in and it was clean,cheap and amazing! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves food! Would eat again

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My daughter and I were walking around the Strip District and were in the mood for something different and I'd been looking for a great bowl of Pho. This was the place. I had the eye of round pho and it was phenomenal. My daughter (8-year-old) got the chicken fried rice and said it was the best fried rice she'd ever had. The bill was quite reasonable for two meals and she even took some rice home. Glad we stopped!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We been eating at Pho Van for few months and the food remain outstanding.
I love the beef noodle and pork over rice. A great place and good price, keep up the good work.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I’ve been to Vietnam twice and I’ve been eating Pho for years. This place is legitimate authentic Pho. I recommend trying all the different versions of Pho. However, their Bo Kho, beef tomato soup, was not quite right. Overall it’s a great dining experience. Pittsburgh doesn’t have the most diverse Asian cuisine scene but this place is worth a visit.