“Their trolley tour is air conditioned with knowledgeable tour guide”

No photo provided
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Bowie, MD
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Their trolley tour is air conditioned with knowledgeable tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

After researching the options (Lenzner, "hop on/Hop off": trolley, duck tours and going with Lenzner, I'm convinced they offer something different and better suited for us. My mom, husband and I were the only 3 passengers that day. We booked morning & afternoon tours with lunch break at Station Square. Ray is phenomenal... lifelong resident, has seen Pittsburgh through various phases, and got us into places (beautiful, elegant LeMont French restaurant in Mt. Washington, plus the nationalities rooms and Heinz Chapel at Univ of Pittsburgh). Luke, a trainee, was with him that day and also wonderful and helpful. Our day included Duquesne Incline, a walk along Restaurant Row in Mt Washington, pointing out a building where Sinatra used to stay in Pittsburgh, downtown including theatres (one weakness... the trolley's windows weren't good for seeing "way up" which we kind of needed downtown), the Strip, U of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon, old ethnic neighborhoods. It was a very full day with time for a great lunch at Grand Concourse. I truly appreciated all I learned. Based on one discussion during the day, we found a great deli the next day in Squirrel Hill on our way home.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank tlhjar

Delaware
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great bus tour of downtown Pittsburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

While the weather was chilly and cloudy during our visit, we were able to enjoy the informative tour while riding the tour bus. Nice to hear about the history of Pittsburgh, the various cultures that made their life there, and see the various points of interest. I would have like to tour one of the closed steel mills, but the walking tour of that was not available during our visit.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank dandgski
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Left us stranded on the roadside for eight hours after the Coach broke down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We hired Lenzner coaches to take our high school team and the parents to a sporting competition about four and a half hours from Pittsburgh. The trip did not start off well as the coach company gave the driver the wrong directions and put us on a secondary road which ran parallel to the turnpike for over an hour. This meant that the boys were late for their competition. On the way there the front door of the bus malfunctioned when we stopped to take a break and could not be opened. On the way home the front door would not stay closed. We had to tape it with duct tape to try to get it to stay closed. About 30 minutes into the journey the bus broke down on the roadside at 4 pm. We were not placed on a coach back to Pittsburgh until 10 PM that night. Keep in mind this was a bus full of 15 parents and 45 high school boys stuck on the roadside. We were fortunate that it was a sunny day and that there was enough room for them to get out and move around. I can't imagine if the weather had been bad or if these had been small children what we would have done to keep them safe for 6 hours. Had they sent a bus immediately from Pittsburgh to come and get us it should only have been four hours maximum. They didn't obviously decide to send a bus for us for two hours. The ideal solution would have been for them to find a local company to transport us back to Pittsburgh and eat the expense themselves. As it turns out they offered to give us a 20% discount. They were very adamant that in their opinion that was sufficient compensation for the inconvenience and danger they placed us in and our children. I understand that machinery malfunctions. Had Lenzner actually owned up and taken responsibility and acknowledged their Duty to keep their passengers safe I could understand their viewpoint. I was very disappointed in how they handled the matter, the length that they kept us waiting and the danger they placed us in as well as their rather insulting offer of compensation. I know I will certainly never hire Lenzner again for any activity and certainly not for any school related function where children might be placed in that situation,

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Crescatscientia
Maitland, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Worth Every Minute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I took the total tour with Lenzner; morning and afternoon. We were totally imersed in the history of Pittsburgh which is very interesting. The coach was comfortable and the driver guide (David I believe) was quite knowledgeable of Pittsburgh and its history. We were able to experience most of the important sites of Pittsburgh and especially enjoyed the inclined railroad.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Edward W
frye island
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“great way to get lay of the land”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

took the tour to get familiar with pittsburgh. trip up incline, drove by stadiums, pointing out buildings, little bit of history. good morning

Visited April 2013