“Slow kitchen - good food”
Review of Meat & Potatoes

Meat & Potatoes
Ranked #15 of 2,205 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Street
Transit: Being a downtown Pittsburgh location, there are many options and we recommend going to the Port Authority website for schedules, rates and general information.
Description: Meat & Potatoes is a place with a warm, inviting pub atmosphere that serves sophisticated, yet unpretentious food. An extensive, and creative, cocktail, beer and wine list is an integral part of what we do at our wonderful establishment. Come visit a place where the locals dine!
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We enjoyed our food but the service out of the kitchen was very slow for us. Folks who arrived 10 after us received their food 20 minutes before us. We received a dessert that the 4 of us shared which was a nice gesture. Food was delicious and we were there for the Sunday brunch - Nice place - we would go back.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was alone so opted to sit at the bar. The bartenders are excellent, and I'm glad to see the cocktail is back! I got a sidecar, it was great, although I prefer a little more cognac, and a lot less flash, still, I enjoyed it. I scanned the specials and ordered one "The Blue Plate". It was fried chicken, mash and gravy. I'm a sucker for comfort food. It was burnt to an inedible crisp. It was so charred and crispy, parts (leg, breast) we unrecognizable. I can't believe a professional allowed that to come out of his kitchen.
I love the dark atmosphere, and hand-crafted cocktails, but a restaurant should be about the food. I believe the staff is beginning to rest on it popularity. Café Zao, which much of the décor remains, was once popular too.

1  Thank Joy O
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

The service was slow and just lacked any kind of personal touch. The waiter acted like he was bored and annoyed because it was our first time there. The food was good, but the menu was limited. I wouldn't go to this restaurant again.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We ate here on our last night in Pittsburgh and it was a lovely meal. We decided to order a few snacks and appetizers tapas-style instead of ordering entrees. The bone marrow was really good and they give you a huuuge amount (3 bones!) with grilled bread and a bunch of complementary little toppings. The macaroni and cheese was really really good. The steak tartare had a nice asian flair with peanuts and a smoked egg. I would have liked to have tried the pork belly tacos or the mushroom flatbread but we didn't have room!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

GREAT friendly, accommodating staff ! Unique food preparation and choices. Small portions ( except for the huge ribeye steak for two people). Expensive bar prices and moderately expensive food prices based on the portion size. Noisy, happening atmosphere. Convienent to theater district and parking. Above average .