“Loved it.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Street
Transit: Being a downtown Pittsburgh location, there are many options and we recommend going to the Port Authority website for schedules, rates and general information.
Description: Meat & Potatoes is a place with a warm, inviting pub atmosphere that serves sophisticated, yet unpretentious food. An extensive, and creative, cocktail, beer and wine list is an integral part of what we do at our wonderful establishment. Come visit a place where the locals dine!
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Went for my birthday and it was beyond amazing. The Moscow Mule was amazing, the risotto was delicious, I didn't really like my entree of sweetbreads tacos but that was only my second time eating sweetbreads and I'll just say that maybe I only liked it the first time because they were overly fried so I can't blame my dislike this time around on them.
The service was beyond amazing. Our server went out if his way to make us happy-- we ended up staying for hours and he never rushed us.
The atmosphere was great. The place is small but well decorated and the chairs are literally the most comfortable chairs I've ever dined in.
I'll be going back. Multiple times.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of "The Spots" to dine in Pittsburgh! Not only great food - but they are flexible enough to take cage of your vegetarian friends.

A must if visiting Pittsburgh.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I were driving to Pittsburgh from Baltimore on Friday 12/7 so I made 8 pm reservations. We hit some traffic so I had to call and change the reservation to 8:30 pm. The person who answered the phone was very helpful and it was no problem to change the time. We arrived right at 8:30 and were seated in the bar area at a small table. The seating in the bar area seemed to be designed for only two people per party since all I saw were the small tables. One thing I need to mention is that the bar area is VERY dark. It was kind of difficult to read the menu. The older couple seated next to us (in their 50's maybe) pulled out their little reading lights. So be warned. After we were seated we started with one of their specialty cocktails described by our waitress as "yummy and strong." OK. So we went with that. Sorry I don't remember the name of the drink. Our waitress while a perfectly decent waitress was a little weird - kinda valley-girl-ish - playing with her hair and I think chewing gum. Not the best impression. We ordered the fried pickles to start and I ordered the mushroom burger and my husband ordered the pork chop. The fried pickles were really great. Typically I prefer spears - these were chips - but the chips were pretty thick, about 1/2 inch. The batter held nicely and the dipping sauce was perfect (probably some kind of chipotle mayo). My mushroom burger came w/ a large portion of french fries. Tasty. They were small but cooked and seasoned well. The burger was cooked to temp (med) and the bun was the perfect size and density for the burger. There's nothing worse than a bun that is too hard, too thin (gets soggy), or too big. My husband's pork chop came with a side of spicy cole slaw. It was sooo good! A perfect side to the somewhat overly salty pork chop. It tasted like bacon. Yummy but salty. This pork chop was the largest chop I've ever seen! It was the most tender and perfectly cooked chop. Which I'm assuming is difficult to do when it is 2 inches thick! It was so big that we had the leftovers wrapped up and was able to make two additional meals out of the leftover pork and coleslaw. We did not get dessert but had a couple of beers while we ate (I think two each). Our total bill before tip was $88! We were both surprised at the total as we were expecting it to be a lot higher. I highly recommend this restaurant for a great meal!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Amazing food, innovative cocktails, great space in the midst of the Cultural District. My wife had the duck and I had the salmon. My fish was savory, sweet, and the duck came with amazing perogi's as well. We did not have reservations but the concierge at the Renaissance suggested we could sit at the bar quite easily 715-8pm when it clears out a bit for the start of the plays in the various theaters in the area. We did just that and had a great time. My salmon was unlike I have ever had before, the skin was perhaps fried separately and set atop, so crisp.... We will for sure be coming back to this great spot. Did I mention the sound system? Very nice. Its up scale but not too too pricey. Our entrees were 17-19$, 3 cocktails @ 10$ and the tab was about 80$

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon. They were very busy and service didn't falter. Everyone loved what was ordered and we definitely shared bites of each others plates! Gotta get the fried pickles, they were perfect in every way. Our meat and potato palates were extremely satisfied. I'm sure the whole menu is good and the prices were right in line with other downtown lunch prices for quality and style of food.