“Fantastic”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband took me there for our anniversary and it was wonderful. The restaurant is upscale by not stuffy. The wait staff was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. The manager also stopped by to make sure everything was good. My husband and I both had filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. It melted in your mouth. We also had a Caesar salad and lobster bisque they were fantastic as well. We definitely will return. If you are visiting Pittsburgh it is a great stop as it is located between the football and baseball fields right alond the river.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“This place was fantastic!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just enjoyed a thoroughly wonderful dinner here. We had a dinner party of 16 to celebrate our niece's college graduation hosted by her parents. They offered a scaled down menu which made total sense given the size of the party. The selections were all delicious, started with a crab cake appetizer (not an appetizer in any sense of the word, it was a full size cake and all lump with practically no filler) followed by caesar salad and then choice of 5 entrees. The filet was my choice and was done perfect. SIL ordered the chilean sea bass, another perfect choice. The sides were served family style which made perfect sense and we finished the meal with choice of 2 desserts; flourless chocolate torte and cheesecake, both heavenly. The service was impeccible as well during the entire meal, management checked in periodically with our BIL to ensure that everything was to his liking, servers were very attentive, good cocktails and good list of wines by the glass. Overall a wonderful experience, but I cannot comment on the cost but would assume it was rather pricey, but as other reviewers have said you get what you pay for. Enjoy!

Folly Beach, South Carolina
“The bone in filet blows Ruth Chris away!!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This Hungry detective and wife...made a reservation before the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game during the week. We had a drink at the bar...I had the Tito's mule served in a copper mug...COLD and refreshing especially at $6. My wife had a cosmopolitan. This place is great...Its five stars but no worries wearing your full Pirates gear with hat!!! My wife had the lobster bisque and a ice burg salad wedge. I ordered the bone in filet at $50...I know that may sound extreme but this was the best filet I have ever eaten hands down...Ruth Chris and Morton's need to take a lesson...seriously!!!

VERDICT: Case closed...Hyde Park knows its stuff and the staff goes above and beyond the call of duty!!!

1 Thank TheHungryDetective
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have eaten at Hyde Park a number of times and have always had a wonderful experience, whether it's been a special event or just the two of us. To start, the Wedge salad is the best. Pick any steak on the menu and you'll be happy. The service is also exceptional and the atmosphere is comfortable and pleasing. We most recently were there for Mother's Day. On special holidays, they not only offer a prix fixe menu, but the entire dining menu is also available. Also received a gift card for a future date! Can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good and plenty”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good selection, service excellent, portions generous, food delicious! Somewhat pricey but you do get what you pay for.

• Visited May 2014