“Great Service Even on Crazy Night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #56 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh
“Great Service Even on Crazy Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here before the Taylor Swift concert. The North Shore was nuts this evening and this restaurant was no different. We had a great meal though in a relaxed atmosphere amid all of the craziness.
My daughter ordered the Shrimp and Scallops and really liked it. The lobster bisque was incredible as well. No one ordered a steak, so cannot comment on that.
Friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013

Pennsylvania
“Excelent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped in here after we dropped our daughters off to see Taylor Swift. Very good bar service, had apps at the bar. Ahi tuna was great. Then we got a table for dinner. The waitress and her helper Arron we awesome, just the right amount of attention. We all ordered the blue cheese wedge, they added carmelized pecans and a port wine reduction, this made the wedge to sweet, couldn't taste the blue cheese tang. Two of us got the Big Ben, 12oz filet and had it rolled in peppercorns, ranks in the top three steaks I've ever had. One person got the Lobster mac n cheese, also awesome. We did not do dessert. Only complaint, we sat in a booth near the bar. The table height was to high for the seat height, made you feel like at kid at the big table at a holliday. I'm 5' 11". this seems to be a common problem with booths.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hudson, Ohio
“Great Steak and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a small chain. I've eaten at a number of Hyde Parks in Ohio. The food is consistently good, they have a good vine selection, and the interior is decorated very nicely. It's on the expensive side.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jeff873
Springfield, Ohio
“Elegant steakhouse with great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

When my boyfriend showed me the tickets he bought for us to see the Reds vs the Pirates I started looking for a nice place to have dinner. Everything around the stadiums are bars and not what I was looking for. When I saw the Hyde Park Steakhouse I told him and he made reservations in March for Jume 1st. So I have been looking forward to this dinner a really long time. I was not disappointed. This place is Ala Carte but very good. I had a filet and he had salmon. Both were excellent. The creamed spinach was not as good as I've had before but it was good.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Darlene2010
Bradfordwoods, PA
“Very good food & service, quite expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I dined at Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse in Pittsburgh on the occasion of our wedding anniversary. The staff knew we were celebrating and very discreetly acknowledged the occasion with rose petals on the table and congratulations by the wait staff. A complimentary dessert with a candle was also offered, but again discreetly without drawing the attention of other diners, which we appreciated.

We began with the beef carpaccio appetizer, which was divine. Paper thin slices of rare roast beef, horseradish sauce (delicate, not overpowering), capers and tossed greens. A perfect way to begin and plenty to split between the two of us. Next we shared the iceberg wedge salad, which was smothered in blue cheese and bacon...overly smothered. No problem, we scraped it off and again there was plenty to split between 2 people. We shared an order of garlic mashed potatoes (a huge portion, plenty to share and even take some home). Potatoes were fantastic, perfectly seasoned and very garlicky, which we like. One of us had the 18 oz NY strip with garlic and mushrooms, which was pronounced delicious. The other had the 10 oz. lobster tail with butter, which was not quite up to par. Not a lot of flavor and I wondered if it had been previously frozen. Wasn't bad, just not special.

For dessert we had a very dense chocolate cake (complimentary) which was very rich and too sweet. Not something I would have ordered but again it was offered to acknowledge the occasion, so I can't complain. We also had the apple pie with ice cream and caramel sauce. Way too sweet. The pie was more of a crumble with lots of sugar in the topping. The serving was so gigantic we ate less than half. Shouldn't complain about sweet desserts I suppose but these were more Cheesecake Factory quality in my opinion, which is not my favorite type of presentation.

We had 2 cocktails and one glass of wine. The bill was well over $200, including tip. Would I return? Probably for their burgers, which are reasonably priced and I'm sure are very good. How does it compare with the other steak houses? For me, Ruth's Chris is still the gold standard, but Hyde Park surpasses Capital Grill and Morton's in service, ambiance and food, at least in Pittsburgh.

• Visited May 2013