“awesome”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

First I can see all the other reviewers comments as having some validity, but I cannot praise these folks enough. After being rejected at the Casino steakhouse, we tried here without a reservation. We were warmly greeted and the hostess went out of her way to get us in, despite heavy 5 PM bookings. There was a Pirates 7PM game.

Manager graciously said he would get us in when they opened. We waited at the bar with a bottle of wine, until they opened. Great friendly bar service (we had eaten at the bar previously and liked it) as the place was filling up. Just after five they came and got us for dinner. The hostess (one of several) had a busperson take our bottle and glasses to our table. Table service was excellent and Leslie's recommendation of the Ap special was supurb. Best we have ever had.

Steak was a bit underdone for us, but we ate the outside pieces and took the inside hone, as the ap was almost a meal for us.

thus we shared the ap, vegatable and a large steak. Plenty of food and excellent quality.

Avsolutely a wonderful dining experience. In spite of heavy bookings, we were not rushed and given time to enjoy our meal. We asked the service manager about having a second bottle of wine, and he said no problem. We offerred our tablle up as we could see it was getting very busy, He said they were ok for the moment and thanked us for offerring. We decided not to finish the wine, but take it home with our steak.

As we left we could see that they were not only full, but had people wating.

What an awesomwe accomplishment for these folks. Inundated with people rushing to get to the game. packed full at the restuarant and bar, with people waiting and they made s feel as though we had the place to ourselves. They were well staffed to handle our pace and also the fast pace of the multitudes.

Awesome just awsome accomplishment.

1  Thank NLtravels
There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We travel a lot and I often am tempted by pricey steakhouses - this one most definitely did not disappoint. The quality of the steaks which were cooked to perfection made the price a bargain. The staff also treated us very well, from the host staff to the bartenders to the table service. They were all quite knowledgeable about the food and the wine - the sommelier blend cabernet made special for Hyde Park is one you will not want to miss, it complimented our steaks perfectly. This was one of the best steakhouses we've tried yet, quite a surprise so conveniently located by the stadiums.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I neglected to review this place in March when we were in town, but we all STILL talk about how great the food was. Probably one of the best Steakhouses I have ever eaten in and deserves a nod.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I went for appetizers and drinks after a game at PNC Park, and sat in the bar. The high top tables were comfortable, and had a nice view of several TVs. The atmosphere was that of a typical steakhouse -- dark, lots of wood, and cozy. I ordered a flatbread, which was excellent (if a little salty) and a cocktail, and ordered a slice of key lime pie to go. The bourbon drink, from their specialty drink menu, was good, but seemed to be missing a few ingredients -- a minor detail as the drink was still good, but I was kind-of looking forward to the bourbon-sugared rim. The key lime pie was disappointing, though it was packaged nicely to go and had a set of plasticware to go along with it. The best value seems to be their late-night happy hour menu, which I noticed too late for my cocktail order, but got the flatbread for a steal at five dollars.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hyde Park Steakhouse is along the same lines as a Ruth's Chris, or Mortons. The atmosphere is warm inside, and the food is exceptional. I have been here 5-6 times and the steaks do no dissapoint. They have a great variety of bread in the bread basket and the ceasar salad is excellent! The reason I am only giving four stars is because the last time I went there the service was extremely slow. We were a party of six for my sister's birthday and we were there 2.5 hours. I enjoy taking my time during dinner and not being rushed, but I also expect to see my server every 10-15 minutes. Ours was gone for over a 1/2 hour at one point.

Other than the service everything else was wonderful as usual.