“Father's Day in Pittsburgh”

Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 21, 2014

For Father's Day, my husband and I made a road trip to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a night in Pittsburgh to ride the incline something I had never done. Based on other reviews, we decided to stay at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel and I'm so glad we did. We got to Pittsburgh about 11:30 am and were pleasantly surprised that we were able to check in early. The room was a king size city view and we loved it, very spacious, comfortable bed. And the bathroom was so well laid out that we wish we had one like it at home. We parked across the street in the city garage and only paid $5 - great tip from other reviewers. The hotel is in a great location and we wandered around quite a bit. The 3 Rivers Arts Festival was taking place that weekend and we were right there. Staff was very helpful on directions and suggestions for restaurants. When we got back to Virginia, I realized that I had left my prescription reading glasses in the case in the room. I called housekeeping and Judy already had them in her hands and graciously sent them to me at no charge. Will definitely be back. The building is quite beautiful and has an interesting history. There was a wedding taking place that afternoon/evening in the hotel and the wedding party was on our floor. The only time we heard them was when we were by the elevator! Great sound proofing.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed for three nights on business travel. The room was attractive, clean and large enough to be quite comfortable. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The high-speed complimentary internet worked well for my business connectivity. The lobby area is very attractive with a mix of the grandeur of an old bank building, along with interesting decorations.

The hotel is very convenient to the baseball stadium, which is just over the bridge - a 10 minute walk. I think it would also be a longer, but still reasonable, walk to football.

Only minor negatives:
- I arrived quite late, and there were quite a few "characters" outside. I would not feel safe taking a walk alone after dark.
- The hotel didn't have a breakfast buffet. They do have a menu breakfast, but service was a bit slow, which can be an issue when on business travel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sondra G
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We only spent a night in Pittsburgh, but we were glad it was at this hotel. Great location - close to stadiums, the Strip, Market Square, Point State Park...all within walking distance.

The room was large and clean. My wife thought the mattress was a bit "soft" though.

We drove in and at the suggestion of other users, we parked overnight in the lot across from the hotel and had no issues.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent four nights in the Reanaissance hotel in Pittsburgh. The king room was beautiful! The beds are so comfy! It was very quiet and the cleaning staff did an excellent job. Check in was crazy as they had six weddings. Our check in was late. That was disappointing. They were apologetic. I think they should offer you to sit in the restaurant or bar and enjoy an appetizer on them while waiting. A suggestion in the future. This hotel is in walking distance to the stadium to see the pirates play. I also enjoy that it was close to the theatre district. The Restaurant was lovely but be prepared like most hotels that it's pricey for breakfast. Two ommlets and juice was almost 40 dollars. I recommend if you are asking directions to stick to the front desk. We asked some of the staff outside and we had wrong directions twice. We did get one man who works out side who was wonderful giving us some suggestions for dinner places. Parking your car in the garage across the street saves you lots of money. Four nights was only 30 dollars over 30 dollars a night the hotel charges. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Room 625 was beautiful!
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Outstanding! One of the most pleasant hotels I have ever stayed in. Although away from home, I still felt at home. Our room was always kept immaculate. Our housekeeper Marla always greeted us with a smile and went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Braddock, the restaurant in the lobby displayed phenomenal service and out of this world food. This will be a first of many stays to come in the future for my wife and I.

Room Tip: Waterfront view. A must.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location in downtown Pittsburgh. The lobby of the hotel is gorgeous. Rooms are a little worn, I expected more for what I paid. Tiles are cracked in bathroom, furniture is old and worn. We stayed on reward points and expected a nice room but instead we're placed in a room next to the elevators, ice machine, and maid closet...thank you for being a loyal customer?...I think not. Can't beat the location to walk to a game or downtown activities...just expected more in customer service. Had to call because people were banging on the wall in the next room and kids running up and down the hall...nothing changed over an hour later still banging and running past 11:00pm.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank family021
Paul N, General Manager at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the noise issues you encountered during your stay with us. We are in the planning phase of a rooms renovation but we take great pride in providing the best service and guest experience to all of our valued guests. We will review your feedback at our next staff meeting so that we can improve. Once again I thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel.

Paul Newmaster

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic. The decor is unbelievable and words can't express it adequately. Truly we need to be able to post pictures so that you can get the idea of what each post is trying to say. The staff is beyond helpful. You can tell they are on big family and that they enjoy what they do. I meet a manager who has been working over 20 years with this chain and he loves it. My view was the best. 14th floor looking out over PNC park and Heinz Field. You could literally look out my windows and watch the pirates play the cubs last night. I had dinner at Braddocks American Brasserie in the hotel and the Italian sausage stuffed peppers was great. Overall prepare yourself to be impressed. After staying here you will expect a different standard for all other hotel visits.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business