Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$229
$195
$142
$159
$143
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$174
$139
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$204
$183
  • Pool
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$107
Hampton.com
$112
$108
Doubletree.com
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$163
$142
Hyatt.com
1,653 results
All reviewspnc parkacross the streetgrand staircasethe roberto clemente bridgeallegheny rivercultural districtbeautiful hotelcorner roomhigh ceilingsheinz hallclub levelthe concierge loungegreat view of the riverhistoric buildingbaseball stadiumbeautiful lobbywalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went to the Burgh on a road trip to become a Pirates fan,,,,this location peeerfect. Hotel is awesome, large rooms, spectacular rooms but more importantly the staff was on top of their game....Concierge staff, awesome, ALWAYS will to help....Front desk staff awesome as well, Seth was very accomodating....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is without a doubt one of the nicest hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying. I was in town as part of a large conference and this hotel was one of 4 choices and I was never ever disappointed once during my week long stay. The staff at the front desk were amazing and were so helpful and always available to do anything and everything to go above and beyond. The hotel is a historic landmark, but has been re-done in true Renaissance style. The lobby is breathtaking and so are the rooms, which are extremely large - especially for a downtown hotel. The entire hotel is impeccably clean and well maintained. Oh, and the restaurant - some of the best staff I have ever encountered, and the food matches the service.

Room Tip: Request a room that does NOT overlook the inner courtyard, a colleague had one and it seemed much darker and closed in than my room which overlooked the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank youthdirectorWI
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful room, with fantastic view, wasn't ready upon our early arrival, so we were treated (by Brenda) to a complimentary drink in the on-site bar, Braddock's ($15 value)! Exceptional service on concierge floor by Cece!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel takes me back to the great hotels of an era gone by. Service is excellent! Room is excellent! Ambiance is excellent. The lobby is fantastic. Stay here! I am in town for 1 night for a business meeting that was scheduled at the Renaissance and boy am I glad. I will bring my wife back here for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed overnight at the hotel in order to spend Sunday at the opening Pittsburgh Steelers game. Granted the room fees were almost double for that Saturday, but we thought we would make a glorious outing and stay "upscale." Personnel at the front door were very friendly as were front desk personnel. Our room was ready; however, we discovered that they had put us in a handicap accessible room. I should have refused the room, but we wanted to get on with our day.

The room was spacious as was the bathroom. Had I been handicapped, I would never have been able to wash my hands or take a shower. The handles on the sink were regular ones and shower head, although removable, was positioned at least 6 feet on the wall. I wouldn't have been able to reach the seat attached to the far wall for the tub. When I did try to take a shower, the water pressure was nonexistent. I could barely get the soap out of my hair. In addition, there wasn't one stitch of information about the hotel, amenities, services, etc. I searched every drawer. There wasn't even a Pittsburg magazine in the room. At all the high end hotels that I have stayed in, there has been a plethora of information about attractions, restaurants, taxis, airline phone numbers, emergency numbers, etc.

The sheets on one of the beds were the correct size; however, on the other bed, the bottom sheet did not fit the mattress ( way too small) and kept creeping up.

We had been told that the Sunday brunch would be a wonderful addition to our stay. Unfortunately, no one suggested that we make a reservation or that the buffet would be over-run with patrons. When we approached the dining room, the wait was 45 minutes to an hour.
We grabbed brunch an nearby restaurant and upon returning saw that there wasn't a sole at the buffet, just staff waiting around.

The only positive thing I can say is that it was a 20 minute walk to Heinz Field.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen P
Paul N, General Manager at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

I want to thank you for your feedback regarding the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. We take great pride in proviing the best service to our guests. I apologize that you were disappointed with some of the aspects of your stay. I can assure you that our rooms have recently been evaluated with current ADA standards and that we are in compliance. We will use this information during our operational excellence meetings to make changes and adjustments to our business to meet our guests expectations.

Thank You and Have a Great Day!

Paul Newmaster