Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
  • Pool
$198
$179
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$205
$139
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$214
$143
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$107
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$121
Doubletree.com
$142
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$103
TripAdvisor
1,649 results
All reviewspnc parkacross the streetgrand staircasethe roberto clemente bridgeallegheny rivercultural districtbeautiful hotelcorner roomhigh ceilingsheinz hallclub levelthe concierge loungegreat view of the riverhistoric buildingbaseball stadiumbeautiful lobbywalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a nice hotel located within walking distance of PNC Park, Heinz Field, point state park, several theaters, etc. The room we stayed in was nice. Somewhat spacious with a king bed and a "river view". The view of said river required one to stand on the extreme right side of the window and look to the extreme left. Then you could see the river. Oh well, for $300 plus one would expect a little more. The room we stayed in is starting to show its age. Wallpaper was peeling in several locations. One thing I hate about almost every hotel is that in order for the room entry door to latch behind you it must be "slammed". This is extremely and irritatingly loud. Not something you want to hear at 2 or 3 in the morning while trying to sleep. The lobby area of the hotel has a huge staircase and is very elegant. I guess that matters to some people. There is NO free parking anywhere near the hotel that I could find. You can pay the valet(s) to park your car or park in one of the many garages nearby at an hourly or daily rate. The hotel is rather easy to find. The employees seemed friendly. We did not visit the restaurant or bar. The price we paid was very steep although other hotels in the area were not much cheaper. Everything in the hotel seemed to be clean. Another nitpick is that the water temperature in the shower was not very hot at all. I assume this is done to avoid lawsuits from morons who burn themselves. One final complaint is the noise of the "vacuum" toilets. They can be heard from the floors above. The wireless internet worked fine. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you have money to burn and want to be in the heart of the action and have the "prestige" of staying at a "fancy" hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Renaissance in Pittsburgh may very well be my favorite location from this brand that I have visited. Located close to the Cultural District next to theaters, art galleries, and great restaurants, this Renaissance is housed in an iconic historic hotel; completely remodeled but with the integrity of the classic building design in tact. The lobby is grandiose with its double staircase and chic decor-- I am sure there have been many a photo shoot done in this lobby. The front desk staff were friendly and got us checked in quickly, and while our room did not have the view we were expecting, the size was large, the bed was a dream, and the room was clean and luxurious. There were some tiny problems with the bathroom (general maintenance like chipped tile and paint), but other than that, this was a great place to stay. The added benefit of a full restaurant (Braddocks) and a bar seal the deal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MissFranberry
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Location is excellent, the rooms are very nicely appointed and the service level was also good. The rooms were comfortable and had all the necessary conveniences. The lobby was quite remarkable when entering and the breakfast at the hotel restaurant was good with fresh berries. The one issue I had was that my room was across from the parking lot resulting in football field lights beaming into my room and it was near the elevator with party-goers arriving loudly throughout the night. It is a shame their curtains did not close properly to eliminate the highbeams and their rooms were not more sound-proof, otherwise it was great. Request a room away from the parking garage and elevators and I can see this being a very good stay, but sadly for me I didn't get very much sleep.

Room Tip: Request a room away from parking garage lights and away from elevators as walls are thin
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel lobby was beautiful. My room was large and quite functional. The staff was very friendly. I will stay here again next time I'm in Pittsburgh. Now, I will explain why it is not excellent. There were a slew of very minor problems that one would not expect to encounter in a "luxury" hotel. I was asked at check-in about my newspaper choice for delivery to my room. I received the paper on Wed and Thurs only. No paper on Fri,Sat, Sun. The coffee and sugar in the room were not refilled. A dirty rag was left on the bathroom counter by housekeeping. The minibar was not replenished. The internet was slow and at times unreliable. The melted ice in my ice bucket was never emptied. My room was a bit noisy (on a lower floor along 6th St.). The food I ordered from room service was mediocre. I ordered a shrimp cocktail and steak frites. The shrimp were large and well portioned, however, not completely deveined. The steak was cooked perfectly but the red wine sauce was not seasoned properly and had an unpleasant bitterness. The fries were slightly oversalted. I also had buffet food several times at the conference that I was attending and I had no problems with it. Overall, I had a nice experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Really nice, old time, classy hotel. Very close to Heinz Field. We stayed here for the home opener of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Great room, really large. The most comfortable bed, I've ever slept in. Just an all around grat experience. If you're in Pittsburgh, especially for the Steelers games, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family