“It might be called Burgatory, experience was like Purgatory”
Review of Burgatory

Burgatory
Ranked #49 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My adult son wanted to go here for his birthday. We walked in, and a young woman was standing at the hostess station with her back to us- I thought she was also waiting to give her name; several minutes later, she turned around and said "Name and what's your phone number? I was slightly puzzled and felt this was odd but it turns out, she WAS the hostess. She then said 45 minute wait and I'll send a message to your phone. I told her we would wait there, and she said would still text me when our table was ready (very confusing as I was standing 3 feet from her and there were 5 tables that needed cleaned). she then AGAIN turned her back to me. Their customer service was one of the worst I have experience. We finally did get a table 45 min. later. The waitress then hands you a pad, and tells you to fill out what you want, and make sure you put our name on the bottom of the slip (again crap customer service) when I sat there, I was waiting for the cook to come out and throw the meat at me with a spatula and tell me to go cook it myself. Wake up Pittsburgh----this is crazy. For 3 people, 2 hour later, 3 burgers, a fries, onion rings,2 beers and 1 shake, poor service, sticky table- I am $70 poorer. When they handed me the bill, I was expecting to be TOLD to clean up after myself. Definitely a unique dining experience that made this birthday one to remember.

2  Thank rumbum49

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The burger I had was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. I ordered the "Meat Your Maker" burger which is a Dry Aged Wagyu Beef with Sweet Onion Crust, Aged Gruyere, Roasted Tomatoes, Organic Field Greens & Truffled Shallot Aioli. It was so juicy and the toppings were so good I found myself licking my fingers rather than wiping all that goodness onto my napkin! The burger comes with homemade russet and sweet potato chips which were also good.

While sitting there waiting for my burger I watched all of these awesome looking milkshakes go by which made me wish I had ordered one of those also. But I guess that will have to wait until I get back to Pittsburgh for another visit.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very good unusual burgers. Will visit again next time I'm in the burgh. Tasty fresh meat, good toppings. All around excellent.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had the best experience. Our waitress Mara was personable, entertaining and a delightful server. You will love her. Food was awesome and topped with the waitress it couldn't have been a better experience. Kristen the manager was also wonderful and took time with people. Definately classy place that also had the best burgers and truffle fries.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

It's an average place with average food and average service. Taking price into consideration, I have to give it two stars instead of three. It is way too high priced for what it is. I got a better burger from a pizza joint two days prior and for half the price. I spent 30 with tip for me and my two year old. Should have went to McDonalds and saved 20 bucks.
Oh and way overstaffed. Servers were standing around while bussers and runners did most of the work. And I still had trouble getting a refill.
The were nice though.