“Best burger I've EVER had!!!!!!”
Review of Burgatory

Burgatory
Ranked #45 of 2,222 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The best burger I've ever had....

First time at Burgatory, and far from disappointed! My boyfriend and I came on a Sunday afternoon, and we were seated right away. We wanted to go on a Saturday night, but their website advised the wait would be 90-120 minutes... AT Waterworks AND at the Robinson location! Coming on a Sunday was a good choice.

The waitstaff was very relaxed... Casually dressed in "Burgatory" tees and jeans/khakis. Our waiter was very nice and knew the menu well.

Our waiter offered us water while we looked over the menu. I ordered a "gin and juice," made with grapefruit juice, a hint of orange, and gin if course. I did not get to try a shake... unforunately. We also ordered the "six napkin nachos," made with chicken chili. Very good and SPICY. They give you a lot, they could feed four people...

Now for the burger.... I ordered the "Meat Your Maker" burger well done. Waygu beef, roasted tomato, fresh greens, gruyere cheese, and truffle aioli. I opted for fries rather than the chips. They were very well seasoned, rosemary being the prominent seasoning. It was the BEST burger I've had... EVER! I've been to Wingharts, Five Guys, & Smallman St Deli. These places also have very good burgers, but Burgatory tops my list!

Atmosphere and service were awesome! Very quick and hot food.

Will definitely be back!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

MY husband & I went the day after they opened & couldn't believe how efficient the staff was. Great menu & good place to meet with friends to dine have a drink & watch a game. We will go back.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Living near the Fox Chapel location this has been a favorite place of mine from the start.
It's popular for a reason but that being said you will wait.
So be prepared.
They do use a rather cool way to queue you, you can actually go elsewhere, and when your table is ready you'll get a text. This should be done everywhere.
I've went to the bookstore (at the mall as well) and killed time or went to another restaurant, had a drink and waited for my text.

First off whether you pick from the menu or create your own burger you can't go wrong.

However, if you want a great burger ... Throw caution to the wind and opt for the Burger of the Day!! I've tried a few and sometimes was hesitant with something on the burger but amazingly these folks know what they are doing.

I usually opt to get fries vs the chips simply because well, they are delish and calories are already blown so why not do it.

The drinks are fabulous and very creative.

Can't speak on the shakes, sorry guys nothing personal just save my appetite for the food over beverage.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped by the location near Robinson Town Center, and like everyone else mentioned, it was busy. We were seated immediately though. I had the "Meat Your Maker", which is a Waygu Beef burger. Best Burger I've ever had. My colleague had the Morty's Steakhouse Burger, which by rights was also exceptional. The burger choices for building your own are incredible, so many things to choose from that you could lose track of the burger and thus miss out on the taste. 5 Guys burgers?? Who??

Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a neat burger joint. Prices were a bit steep but the quality was good. The shakes were terrific. I think they try a little too hard on the originality scale but can't blame them for attempting.
They have the BEST method to manage people with the long waits -- via a really cool text messaging system. Given the popularity of this joint, that makes a big difference