“Beer beer beer!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nice place and comfortable too if you get the sofa at the front, great American beer selection, with staff ranging from the entertainingly rude to the really nice, all very knowledgable about their beer. Food was average, but after 8 90 minute DogfishHead IPA's, who cares.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went in for appetizers and drinks tonight. Our waitress was horribly rude and unprofessional. The only thing good on the menu are the beers which are horribly over priced.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at the Westin right down the road so our group wanted to eat here. We came twice in the same trip for dinner because my colleagues loved it. The first night I ordered broccoli soup and it was good. The servers are very knowledgeable about the beer they serve and they have really unique beer specials...things like, "If the temperature drops below 10 degrees, get a 20 oz beer for the price of a pint!" and "Mystery beer of the day." While their selection is great, most of the beer is very expensive. The second day I ordered a fish sandwich. It wasn't a frozen piece of fish, it was a fresh fish that was breaded and then fried.

After two visits, this restaurant met my expectations. Nothing super great to rave about, but not terrible. I will visit a different place on my next trip to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went here with a very large group - strikes me more as a beer place than a food place. Burgers are good - things that are bar food. Great Beer Selection. Two people ordered the seafood potpie, but one arrived and the other person had to wait. It sounded good, but bottom crust was soggy. Fillling was OK. Stick with burgers and things they can fry. All in all, not a bad place if you want to sample Belgian beer, but not the kind of place you go for a special dinner. The waiter did a REALLY good job with the big table and the manager made it right with the guy who had to wait.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stopped in here for a late night snack after catching a show with friends. If you like beer, the selection is great. We tired the brie en croute. It was excellent. It was served with pita triangles, apple slices and prosciutto. I thought the prosciutto was a little dry, but my wife loved it. The brie was great. Prompt friendly service. We would go there again.