“Not for repeat visitors”
Review of Rivers Casino

Rivers Casino
Ranked #70 of 192 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whether it's the roll of the dice or the rolling into Andrew's for a new dish, you know you wanna get your hands on all of this. With so many options at your fingertips, you'll have one place to explore night after night. This is Pittsburgh's most engaging destination. Come see the spectacular Rivers Casino and get your hands on the slots, on the tables, in the bars, or in the 5 different restaurants. Open 24/7. Must be 21 or older to be on property.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you are a local, pass on the Rivers as a regular stop for your gaming entertainment. The comps are uninspiring, the slots are very tight, and the Signature Card member's access to the 446 Club is not worthwhile. The 446 Club serves free buffet lunches and dinners for regulars who gamble at the $100,000+ per year level, but the food is not good and the service is horrible. Management at the casino has been made aware of the horrible 446 Club service, but refuses to make any visible effort to correct the problems. If you're a poker player, you're in for further disappointment. The floor personnel is weak and their dispute rulings are very inconsistent, and often contradictory, and some of the dealers seem to be lost and out of place at a poker table. I recommend other venues for your gaming pleasure.

2  Thank Rufus123467
in 39 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 14 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I went to Pittsburgh to the Rivers Casino this past weekend, for a our first date night in over a year. We stayed at the Hyatt North Shore (awesome hotel) which was right around the corner from Rivers Casino. All in all, the casino was ok. We were looking for a little more than just gambling. We were looking for some live entertainment that would have been held at the casino. We ended up gambling $200 and just leaving. Didn't win a penny either. Best part of the casino was the drinks.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is the 2nd time I have eaten there and it still was delicious. The selections of entrees and side dishes are wonderful and the salad bar is one of the best I have ever seen. After we went down to the casino and played the slots. It is a very nice atmosphere...comfortable seats like you would find at an office desk and a good selection of slot machines. Both times were fun and we plan to go back soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I visited the casino when I was staying the weekend for my birthday. There was a large party of us and we all loved the casino . We have all been to other casinos and we liked the atmosphere here, it had some energy and fun.
Sign up for a players card, you'll get something - free play or money off dinner or drinks. I actually received a souvenir deck of cards and dice that were used on a table for my birthday , goofy but I liked it.
There are complimentary beverages( soda and coffee kind) which is nice.
I'm no expert on "loose" or " tight" slots but we all won a little or broke even, which is really all you should expect, it is recreation.
Really the only thing which was a bummer was not to have free alcoholic drinks. In all previous casinos I have ever been in this was a given. Maybe even if they were very inexpensive it would be ok, but they are still pricey.