“great time”

Carnegie Museum of Art
Ranked #23 of 172 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Create memories at Carnegie Museum of Art! Wander through an extensive art collection, including French Impressionist and post-Impressionist paintings, American art, and contemporary works. Creative kids, from toddlers to teenagers, love our hands-on art making activities, guided tours for families and more. Our new artist-designed playground is just the place to take a break!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great time”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We got this admittance as part of our Carnegie Museum of Natural History and boy were we lucky. I had never been in an art museum like this and it was totally cool and not what I expected at all. Great experience

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris R

Dormont, Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A Peaceful Place in the Heart of Bustling Oakland”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I grew up in Pittsburgh but I never had the occasion to visit during before I left town at the age of 20. 36 years later, having moved back to the Pittsburgh Area, my Family and I decided to spend a nice afternoon touring the museum and then having lunch at the Conflict Kitchen in nearby Schenley Plaza.

The Carnegie Art museum is a must see, I especially enjoyed the many sculptures but I also enjoyed an exhibition of Albrecht Durer prints. We did not see the whole museum but we saw enough to want to go back when my 9 year old is occupied by school. It is a peaceful place with a wonderful collection for all tastes.

Parking is also plentiful and relatively inexpensive at 5.00. My wife had purchased a Carnegie Museum pass so I do not recall what the normal admission price is.

1 Thank BeawChan
Short Hills, United States
“Do Not miss this museum”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This museum is one of the top Art Museums in the contry. I have visited museums in every major city and this one rivals them all.

Toledo, Ohio
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Lovely museum, lots of modern art.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Admission to the Art Museum also includes admission into the Natural History museum. This museum is lovely, with mostly a collection of modern art. There are some high quality historic pieces from respected artists. I was about to tour both museums in under 2 hours.

Falls Church VA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“for the art lovers”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

By the time I went there, my feet hurt so I'm afraid I did not give it my full attention. More modern art than I usually look at, but it was there so I did. I recommend going in the morning and not after lunch!

Visited June 2014