Carnegie Museum of Natural History

from $99.00
from $60.00
from $22.99
1,413 results
All reviews dinosaur bones gems and minerals ancient egypt t rex egyptian exhibit mineral collection all ages great exhibits admission price on display great for kids gift shop rainy day art mummies arctic crystals
Reviewed yesterday

Like the Tardis, this museum is bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside! Easily spend hours here. Wonderful art spanning centuries and amazing natural history displays; something for everyone.

Reviewed 4 days ago

I visited here 15 years ago. I enjoyed at that time. Though almost all the exhibitions have not changed, I enjoyed again.

It is attached to art museum. Going out, I almost lost my way.... Some signs or indications must be needed.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We love natural history and this museum didn't let us down. Very educational and fun. Loved it! The dinosaurs were incredible.

Reviewed 1 week ago

By far one of the best museums in the United States. Excellent exhibits. For one price you get to see the history and the art. This is one of the most worthwhile spots in Pittsburgh to visit. It is great for literally anyone and has something everyone will enjoy. It is so big you could spend the entire day, I could spend days there if I had the time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love going to visit this museum. Parking is convenient, nice restaurants within walking distance & even in the museum area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped by to specifically see the Egyptian part of the museum. The collection is one of the better ones that I have seen. We also went through the dioramas of the animals from the various areas. There is so much between this and the art museum that you could spend a whole day here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went with my 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter. Staff was very nice. Our tour guide for the dinosaurs was fantastic and was able to keep small kids entertained. Would definitely reccomend this place for families.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

The admission to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History includes the Museum of Art, which is a good deal. The two museums are housed in the same building on opposite wings.
There is a lot to see in this museum. The mineral and gem collection is impressive and quite extensive with some very beautiful pieces and could spend an hour in this area. The dinosaur exhibit contains about 75% of original fossils displayed in detailed reconstruction of environments in which they lived in. The Bone Hunter's Quarry is a child favourite area to uncover fossils using brushes and chisels.

The Hall of Native American have life sized and life like human mannequins representing different aspects of their lives, as well as a diverse collection of artifacts for the different peoples groups.

The Polar world, teaches how the Canadian Inuits adapted to their environment with beautiful displays and life size recreations.

The dioramas for the different wild life groups are very impressive with realistic animal's dynamic poses and detailed recreation of their habitats. The Botany Hall recreates several biomes in the U.S. and displays diversity of plants.

For the young kids, the Discovery Basecamp is a hands-on gallery to touch, explore and play based learning.

Overall, this museum is very high quality with attention to details and contains very special collections. We would consider among the best Natural History Museum in North America.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

This was a great place to spend a day. We did the Art Museum first and then the Natural History. If you have kids go straight to Natural History. The dinosaurs are great. We had a very nice lunch in the cafe. Great value reasonable admission and the parking is very convenient.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

My husband is a collector of mineral so it was the first things we when and look at o my. Then we slow made our way around the first floor. we came back the next day to see the second floor.