All reviews pittsburgh airport pancake machine hi express an early flight the shuttle driver breakfast bar shopping and restaurants desk clerk giant eagle free breakfast first floor comfortable beds stayed one night minute drive rooms are large would definitely stay here again a great place to stay
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Rooms are smaller than the typical HI express rooms and makes me think they renovated and older hotel. The walls for my room were paper thin and I had the opportunity to clearly hear the conversation in the adjacent room. If I had not already gone to bed I would have asked to change rooms. Mattress was also very firm - more uncomfortable than in other HI express hotels. Did not have the opportunity to try their breakfast. This was my second time at this hotel. Will not be back to this location.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Dear BigEd-Boerne,

Thank you for staying with us during your business trip and for writing us a review. Please accept our sincere apology if the rooms size and room sound proofing fell below your expectations. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon and see the improvements made.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Stay for four days in August for a visit with my son and his daughter. Hotel was clean and staff very helpful. Granddaughter loved visiting and playing in the play. Pick this hotel for the outdoor pool.( I hate the chlorine smell in an indoor pool.) Never got up early enough for the breakfast, but in room coffee from the Keurig was fine. Hotel is close to shopping and plenty of restaurants and within 20 minutes to downtown. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows, but had to ask for a blanket. All in all a good choice for the money.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2016

had a great time! Was there for concert event. Shuttle service was fantastic. The breakfast was delicious with great coffee! We used the pool and facilities were clean and comfy! Everyone was friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Nothing out of the ordinary he is comfortable and it works fine. Nice mattress but pillows a bit mushy. It's clean and most importantly for me quiet. Very easy access to the interstate. And in close proximity he to a myriad of chain restaurants in department stores. Check and was also a bit prolonged, apparently because I used the new trip advisor booking system.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Would give a zero but wasnt able to. Checked in to a king suite at 3pm. When we entered the room, it had a very sour smell. Upon opening the refrigerator, we were met with another putrid smell. Called the front desk at 315pm and told William the refrigerator needed some help. He assured us someone would take care of it. We left the room, came back 4 hours later to find nothing had been done. Tried washing our hands in the sink, and it backed up with some black goop coming from it. The room smelled like sewage. Called the front desk, they moved us to another room.

This room still smelled. We're cutting our stay short a day because we're not staying here another night. Your best bet is to find some other place to stay. It was not worth $100/ night!

This is a picture of the torn bedskirt.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Dear Diana G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean, and superior accommodations. However, it is disappointing to know that the condition of the room received let down your stay. The situations you have described are definitely not what we expect from any of our properties, nor these are something we take lightly. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.