DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here only for one night, but overall happy with my stay. Check in was quick and the lady checking us in was very friendly (unfortunately I can't recall her name). The cookies everyone mentions were in fact delicious. The room itself was nice, bed was very comfortable, again like most people mention there is no fan in the bathroom so it can get somewhat stuffy in there. The drive from the hotel to downtown Pittsburgh is about 8-10 minutes, but I was aware of this when booking so it was not a problem.
I would book this hotel again, if ever I travel back to Pittsburgh

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose L
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We hope your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh and that we have an opportunity to serve you again.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Enjoyed the outdoor pool/hot tub. Did NOT enjoy the sleep # beds, they were awful and felt like rocks. Ask for a room without a sleep # bed as they are phasing them out of the hotel. I would definitely come here again, but would ask for a different bed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Priscilla,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Greentree for your stay in Pittsburgh. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Staff friendly and helpful, room was clean and the beds were comfy and fluffy. The restaurant was great with friendly wait staff. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. I felt at home here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to share with my team! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The agent I talked with on Saturday afternoon (French accent) promised (not just confirmed) a room on ground level. Then when we checked in, she said she gave it away because someone came first. This has never happened before. I have a dog to walk and several trips to the car, and am semi-disabled, needing a ground level room. She scolded me for not asking for a handicapped room, but after she promised a ground level room, I didn't think I needed to add that bit of personal info. Then the next night we came in to a floor full of water (broken pipe? Not sure) and had to put towels on the floor so we could get some sleep (the hotel offered to come clean it up, but it was midnight). Between all the walking up and down stairs and the flood, it was not nearly the stay we expected from a reputable Doubletree. The front desk manager gave us a free breakfast both mornings, and removed the dog fee. She said she would give us one of our two nights free, and send a gift card for one more free night, but so far the bill shows the whole amount with no night off, and I haven't received the gift card. I want to think they were just understaffed, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We strive to create EXCELLENT experiences and I can assure you that your comments will be addressed with my team. In regards to the follow up promised to you, it has been taken care of and I look forward to speaking with you directly to discuss this.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night just to get some time to ourselves. The staff was friendly, we didn't try the restaurants but there were several to choose from. My only complaints about the room were that the closet was locked and the mattress was a little too firm. We were on the fifth floor and they actually had a separate entrance for that floor which made unpacking and packing the car very easy. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

John,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Greentree for your short getaway. We will look forward to your return and hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy some of the amenities our property has to offer!

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding reception in the grand ballroom on 6/7/14. Everything was absolutely wonderful and went off without a hitch!! Our guests have raved about the food saying it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! The decor looked beautiful and everything was laid out exactly as we were told/imagined. We could not have had a better reception and could not have done it without the help of Frank C. He was an absolute pleasure to work with! Very attentive and responded to my many questions and inquiries in a very timely, almost immediate fashion. Our bridal suite was very clean and spacious. Room service was prompt and good. All in all we had a fabulous reception and would recommend the Doubletree and Frank and his team to anyone in search of a reception location in the Pittsburgh area. You will not be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Cristle,

WOW! Thank you for the fantastic review! I will be sure to share your comments with Frank and his team for a job well done. Your recommendation is the greatest compliment we could ask for.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our stay at Doubletree Green Tree was great! The staff was so friendly and pleasant. They made sure from the moment you stay there that you had transportation to where ever you had to go. The location was also excellent. Close to every place we needed from pharmacy to restaurants. I would definitely staff there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting an EXCELLENT review on Trip Advisor! We will look forward to your return!

Warmest Regards,