DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
$134
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
$219
$197
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
  • Breakfast included
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
$204
$186
  • Room Service
$161
$144
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$119
Hyatt.com
$209
$188
Kimpton
1,233 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskwarm cookiesa hilton honors memberlarge hoteloutdoor poolhockey tournamentbreakfast buffethot tubfitness centerclose to downtownroom keybeds were comfortableshuttle servicefree parkingheinz fieldpnc park
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was able to enjoy the conference due to the hotels ability to take my needs into consideration. It was a comfortable stay, good food, clean rooms, and attentive staff.....it all, was top notch, I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for the great compliments. We do indeed hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We rented several rooms and a ballroom for a real estate training event. The hotel itself is pretty nice, my room was clean, but the bed was a bit small (a minor complaint). The banquet staff was excellent, especially Tim. He took care of every request we had and also helped me to deal with a couple of issues. He is professional and helpful, a value to his company. I also enjoyed working with Brenda, she is a hard worker and met our needs each time she was called upon. I would recommend this hotel if you are hosting an event.

Room Tip: Upgrade from the two double beds, my only real regret...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Marcus,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! Our catering and banquets team works very hard to create rewarding experiences and your recommendation is the best compliment we could ask for! I will pass on your kind words regarding Tim and Brenda and be sure they are recognized for their efforts.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I used to really loathe having to stay here (our company makes us) when in PIT, but the hotel's remodel has really been worth it.

The gym is awesome, the beds in the rooms are AMAZING, the TVs in the room are gigantic, and the new cafe are is super nice addition since the attached restaurant is ridiculously expensive. With all that said, it still doesn't change the fact that the hotel is in the middle if nowhere and wifi is ten dollars a day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We are thrilled to hear that we are growing on you. We strive to create EXCELLENT experiences and want to be your home away from home. As a frequent traveler, I want to let you know that if you are a member of our loyalty program, HHonors, you will receive complimentary access to the Wi-Fi during every stay with us! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was first time staying at a Hilton hotel and was the best experience! I want to especially thank God for Kelly and Mac, drivers for the hotel. They went above and beyond to get me to my destination. Please give both workers a pat on the back for extending great service and giving your hotel a great name!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for sharing great feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I can assure you that Kelly and Mac have been celebrated for a job well done! We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Recently stayed here on business as I had a client close by. For the price (around $120/night), it's a very good deal.

PROS
-Free shuttle to/from the airport as well as local businesses. They also offer to drive you around to local restaurants at night.
-Bar area is comfortable, a lot of big chairs and big screen TVs to relax at night. Food is typical pub food, decent but not great.
-The gym is nice, 5 treadmills that all are newer and work well. About 8-10 machines, and two racks of free weights along with other cardio equipment. They optimize the space, but this means there isn't a lot of room to stretch or do abs.
-Indoor pool and hot tub, looked clean but didn't use either.
-Rooms are decent for the rate. I just had a regular room, wasn't a suite (which is what I usually see at DoubleTree hotels).

CONS
-It's not in the downtown area of Pittsburgh. While it's only like 5 miles away, it feels like the middle of nowhere. Can't really walk to a restaurant or shopping, so rent a car or use the shuttle. That part I didn't like (I'd rather have the opportunity to walk around at night)
-Restaurant is just typical bar food. Had a Salmon salad...wasn't overly exciting, could have done a better job in my own kitchen (and I'm not a great chef). Penne with chicken the 2nd night, also a bit bland. A few good beers on draft, but only lite beer was Miller (no Coors, Bud Light, etc.)
-Check-out was a bit slow...only two employees at the counter during a busy time (though check-in was fast)

In the future, planning on using this hotel as a back-up if something in downtown Pittsburgh isn't available or the rates are too high.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We hope that you do come back and see us again; and that we can win your loyalty as your first choice of hotels in Pittsburgh!