“Great tour for the price!”

Gateway Clipper Fleet
More attraction details
Owner description: Gateway Clipper Fleet, located on the Southern Shore of the Monongahela River, in Station Square. We sail the Three Rivers all year long. Join us aboard a dinner dance, sightseeing, concert, event, or private charter cruise.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We recently took an hour cruise tour. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour, it is a great tour for the price. We really enjoyed how you could move around on the boat as you listened to the tour guide. We really learned a lot of history of Pittsburgh from the tour guide and captain. It was a fantastic time!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

What a wonderful Staff on the Gateway Clipper Empress. Our Server Tyler was wonderful. The Staff couldn't of been more helpful. Our experience was above and beyond our expectations.
The food was terrific and the atmosphere was lovely.
Thank you Tyler and the Staff for making the experience so fantastic.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I lived in Pittsburgh for the first 30 years of my life and now that I'm 65 finally took a 1 hour tour of the city from the river vantage point. We brought our granddaughter to visit a city she has always heard about and never experienced, and thought this was a way to show her a lot without a lot of driving. Turned out to be an excellent idea. I learned more about the city I grew up in in this 1 hour than I did when I lived here. The young lady who narrated the tour was excellent. She not only had the tour scrip down pat, but on her own researched more facts about the city that she shared with us. IMO this is a must do for anyone coming to the city even if it is not the first time and specially if it is your first visit to Pittsburgh.

1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've lived in this city during my college years, and come back almost every year to visit family... never have I learned about Pittsburgh, as I did on this tour. I would highly recommend going on the ride for some history. Our guide was very knowledgeable and witty as well. My kids enjoyed the ride as well!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I took the one hour tour. Parking is very close to where the ships sail from ($2.00 an hour). Sitting on the top-open deck gave us great views. Guide pointed out the stadiums of the Pirates and Steelers, monument dedicated to Mr. Rodgers, the "Point" fountain and many buildings and the history of the buildings. Many years ago, I graduated from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh and the tour reminded me of 1967 Pittsburgh and how the city has grown with beautiful parks and shining skyscrapers. A fact to remember: Pittsburgh has 446 bridges, but not all are over water. Only one city in the whole world has more and it is Venice!

1  Thank TKay_12