“Hot spot on a Saturday night”
Review of Nola On The Square

Nola On The Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola On The Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 2,266 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Graeme Street
Description: A jammin" New Orleans Jazz Brasserie with Nouveau Creole cuisine. Wood fired specialties, frozen hurricanes, large selection of draft beer including Abita and live music. Live Music: Friday & Saturday Night 8-11pm. Sunday Brunch 1-3pm. Happy Hour $4 Apps, $4 drinks/drafts/wine, $1 Gumbo, $1 Red Beans & Rice, 1/2 off all Flatbreads Monday 5-7pm Tuesday-Friday 4-7pm
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stopped here on a Saturday night. Very busy night and we were told there was a 40 minute wait but I think it ended up being only 30 minutes. Service was good and food yummy. The frog legs and fried green tomatoes were EXCELLENT!!!! We had our 80 year old mom with us and realized it might not be the best venue on a Saturday night for a senior but we made the best of it. There was music which was very entertaining - they worked the crowd and we enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We chose to lunch at Nola after a morning of walking around the city. We were quickly seated and welcomed by a fantastic staff. Our waiter was super-efficient and helpful. The food was phenomenal; the fried green tomatoes were some of the best I've had and the sandwiches, gumbo, and salads were everything a person could want them to be. An added bonus was the flavor of the French fries! They were delicious.
I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time to NOLA and we were very happy with our experience. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. Service was excellent. Food was delicious. We have a four year old child and there was a nice selection for children also. Highly recommend NOLA and will definitely come back again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We did the $23 brunch special on a Sunday morning. Loved it! Mimosa was amazing, tasted like "vacation" we said. And between the Two of us we had the apple crepe and donuts. Both were done perfectly, hot, sweet and super tasty. I had the omelette which was the best I've ever tasted! Beef was tender and flavorful and had a wonderful sauce over it all. My husband had fried chicken and biscuits, he says super tasty! Gravy was peppery and rich, biscuits so buttery. We sat outside and loved the atmosphere. Will definitely come back for dinner. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I LOVE New Orleans so my friend & I stopped at NOLA for Dinner several weeks ago when the weather was nice. We had a great time. The server was very personable & friendly.I would have given this place 5 stars but the server gave me the wrong dinner.In her defense, I had been wavering between 2 dinners & she didn't write down my final selection, but the dinner was still very authentic for NOLA & tasty. The drink selection was impressive & I had the PIMMS coctail which was fantastic ! We sat outside, but the inside is a very classy old tavern type atmosphere, this place was called the 1902 Tavern before if became NOLA. If you can't make it to the real New Orleans, this will be a good 2nd choice.