“A little 'Nawlins in da 'Burgh”
Review of Nola on the Square

Nola on the Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola on the Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Graeme Street
Description: A jammin" New Orleans Jazz Brasserie with Nouveau Creole cuisine. Wood fired specialties, frozen hurricanes, large selection of draft beer including Abita and live music twice a week.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“A little 'Nawlins in da 'Burgh”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The menu is New Orleans, the place is Pittsburgh and the food is excellent. So are the drinks. If you order one of their specialty cocktails make sure to allow extra time for it to wear off before you have to walk, much less drive. They don't stint. Some of the appetizers are a meal in themselves. I've never made a bad choice here.

Visited January 2013

Martinsburg, PA
“Nola....Noway”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a poor experience at Nola last fall, but we decided to give it a second chance this weekend. We have decided that our recent visit will be our final. Overall, we judged the food as mediocre. Our flatbread, while expensive, was tasteless. The crab bisque was overly-cajun. The barbeque shrimp (5 shrimp total) and our salad were good, but both vastly over-priced at $12 and $9 respectively. One bright spot....our server was very friendly and went out of her way to accomadate our children.

1 Thank Lloyrdestroyr
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great little place”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Everything was good! Food, service, prices...all good. This is a nice little place that makes you feel like you are down on Bourbon street. They have lots of different options on their menu, crispy alligator, frog legs and fried green tomatoes...but they also have other options such as steak and salad if you are not feeling so adventurous. The beignets for dessert were my favorite part! Definitely a must try!

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“A wonderful new experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to visit Nola on the Square after reading a review in a hotel guide. I was with a friend and it was a Friday night. While the place was packed when we got there we were seated quickly. Our server was excellent, very patient as I asked a lot of questions about the menu (I've never had Cajun food before). Ultimately, he gave me his personal favorite of Braised Pork and it didn't disappoint.The only small issue is the resturaunt was so busy that there was a delay getting our food. The manager stopped by, explained the sitation. He even stopped by during the meal to make sure it was good and refilled our glasses a few times. There was a wonderful live band there and we were perfectly seated to hear and see without being overwhelmed by the music. I can't wait to go back and take my husband!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A very pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am not a big fan of Cajun cuisine, but I went along with my friends who were really excited about eating here. I am so glad I gave it a chance.

The food was excellent and the service was perfect. Everyone who visited out table asked how the food was and if there was anything they could get for us.

I am not a fan of seafood, so I had the filet and it was cooked perfectly. The roasted potatoes and creamed spinach that it was served with were a perfect match. A friend had the pork belly appetizer and it was amazing; another friend had the crawfish tacos and it was the only part of the meal that left us flat.

I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fine meal in Pittsburgh.