“Fantastic Gap Trail ride and bike tour of Pittsburg!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bike the GAP Bicycle Tours

Bike the GAP Bicycle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike-the-GAP offers bike tours in Pittsburgh and tour services along the Great Allegheny Passage, including the C&O Canal Towpath.
Railroad Pa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Gap Trail ride and bike tour of Pittsburg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We just got back from the best vacation-- rode the Gap Trail from Frostburg to Pittsburg! Sara Petyk of Your Active City set up all the B&B's for lodging along the way, the transportation of us and our bikes back to Frostburg, and recommended places to eat, things to do etc...then, when we arrived, she gave us an amazing bike tour of Pittsburg! It saved us loads of planning and phone calls and it was fun, adventurous, and not expensive...plus we got some exercise!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Pam N

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The ins & outs of downtown Pittsburgh - surprises even for locals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

We really enjoyed Sara's tour - and we were walking around in the 90-degree heat. She showed us a mix of the very old & very new, the historically significant and the whimsical. My husband & teens had never been to "the 'Burgh" before, so it was all news to them -- but I discovered plenty, too, and I graduated from high school in the area. Great stuff!

Visited July 2011
5 Thank kimbol
Monterrey, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience. You must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I had only one day to spend in Pittsburgh, I decided to go for the bike tour. Sara (the tour guide) did a great job. She is kind, patient and knows a lot about the history of the city. I loved the experience and I will certainly do it again.
Don't miss this tour if you are in Pittsburgh. It is totally worth it.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank cplg67
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This fun walking tour shows even lifelong residents a new side of the city.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

Sara does a great job introducing you to Pittsburgh's hidden gems "in plain sight." Informative, interesting, easy to walk and fun for all ages! I've been to the center of the city many times, but didn't know most of the landmarks she showed us. Don't miss it!

Visited April 2011
2 Thank silnashare
Arlington, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great introductin to the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband and I took the Active City Best of the Burgh tour on a Saturday afternoon. We had a great time and the tour was very informative. Even though we're both from the Pittsburgh area, we learned so much about the city and saw interesting sites in the city that we had never seen before. I would definitely recommend this tour to any vistitors or even locals who want to be a tourist in their own city for a day!

Visited April 2011