“Food”

Donato's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Donato's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #319 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Freeport Rd
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good home cooked meal. The service was a little slow. Had to ask the server to refill drinks a few times and also did not check if we enjoyed our food. Also you can book reservations through opentable, nice plus.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I made a reservation a week in advance for four on open table for 7:30PM last Saturday night. At 8:40 I was still sitting at the bar. The manager said the poliocy of the retaurant is not to ask people to leave. I cannot accept the fact that I planned a 75th birthday party and they did not plan for a table even thouigh they accepted the reservation. It is not a well run restaurant at the executive level. Once seated I would rate the food and service above average.
I would rate the management poor. They bought us each a soft drink and one appetizer however they should have come to the table with wine or a desert. I will never go back. Their apologies when we left were meaningless. They really caused the problem by overbooking and not planning for their reservations.

1  Thank Pittsburgh_PaJohn
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have not dined at that location since the closing of the Franco's Ristorante. It is now called Donato's Restaurant. What a surprise! Everything is changed for the better. I like the restaurant atmosphere and layout.
The service and food was excellent. I had the seafood platter and the waitress allowed me to substitute an item. The creme brulee and coffee were excellent as well for dessert.
One warning is that the price is on the expensive side. If you do not want to endure the traffic to town (Mt. Washington, South Side, Station Square, etc.) for a high quality meal, then this is the location.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a very nice dinner on Saturday night. The food was very good. We had a nice shrimp appetizer. A lobster stuffed with crabmeat, filet mignon steak, and the desert was great Tiramisu. Erin the server was outstanding as was everyone at the place. It is very expensive so be prepared for that but good. Oh, the meatballs are to die for...yum.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had lunch at Donatos on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 and it was excellent from start to finish. Erin, our waitress, was friendly, helpful, competent, and she helped to make our dining experience outstanding. Everything we tasted was great including the meatballs (do not miss them), the Tagliatelle Bolognese, the white clam spaghetti, the italian bread, and the chianti. We will be back for dinner!