“Tasty”

Andrew's Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Andrew's Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
da burgh
“Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I read the other reviews and it seems there is a mixed bag. BUT, I ate here twice. For 45 tasting menu, I had a scallop app (YUM), a salad (pretty good), a superb steak and the best potato ever, and fresh fantastic gelato. So, on par or better than a special tasting menu at Morton's. I'll agree that my medium rare was actually medium, but it was still very good and tasty. The mushrooms that came with it were super tasty. We also got asparagus.

It was slower than expected (wouldn't they want us to get back to gamble?) and true, they weren't too fast with the refills even though there were few guests. But, it only took an hour and we were still happy enough.

You can't eat here unless you are 21.

All in all, if you are already blowing money at the casino, this is a big cherry on the top. AND, it's 1000 times tastier than the casino buffet and worth the extra money.

• Visited August 2012

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“The chef must have taken the day off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Had the opportunity to visit Andrew’s Steakhouse at the Rivers Casino on July 4th. I understand the casino was full and a concert was going on but there was no excuse for the meal we received.

We were seated outside and introduced to Gustave our waiter. Overall, he did a decent job. He was servicing tables both in and outside and seemed overwhelmed. Management is to blame for this. The restaurant appeared to be understaffed.

It took forever to get drink refills. On one occasion I waited 30 minutes to get a $12 drink and Gustave said the bartender “sends his apologies” – how about a complimentary drink.

The salads were adequate and the side dishes were good but the main event failed miserably. We ordered two filets – one medium and one medium rare and a ribeye medium and all three were terribly over cooked. The medium rare had no pink and the other two were closer to well done. I have never been to a quality steakhouse that failed to see if the meat was cooked properly within minutes until that night. Longhorn even does this.

We waited over 15 minutes without seeing our waiter and decided to eat them anyway. We he did finally reappear, we mentioned how over cooked the meat was and obviously did not care about our complaint.

If Andrews wants to be one of the big boys, they have a long way to go. Take a cab to any of the other four premium steakhouses downtown or better yet, stop at Longhorn on the way home and save a ton of money.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank James S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Save Your Hard Earned Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant in the last two weeks. It is the upscale restaurant in the Rivers Casino Pittsburgh.
Unless you have a casino comp. save your money. This restaurant tries to complete, or so it thinks with Mortons, Ruth Chris or Hyde Park. Forget it, outside the cost that is the only thing they have in common.
We made our reservation for Friday 8PM. We were seated proptly. Good so far. Michael was our server. He was very nice but the entire dinner was very very slow and we had to chase hime down several times. The place was only 1/3 full. I ordered Rib Eye and my wife Prime Rib special sides were garlic mashed and mushroom risotto.
While the meat was of very good quality both were completely tasteless for both of us. I mean no salt, pepper or herbs! It was the blanded meat we ever had. The risotto rice was still hard and nearly unedible. Garlic mashed was ripe with garlic power. Both were terrible! Soup we had was very good but that was the extent.
We heard another couple behind us ask for the manager as they were complaining about the service as well as their meals to. The manager was apologizing to them. Meanwhile another couple just out of earshot called him over to complaining but we could not hear why! we told our server about our meals. I saw the chef come from the back and he walked over and told him. He laughed and shook his head and looked at the returned plate and walked back into the kitchen.
Finally the manager Jeffery came over and we told him about the entire meal and service. He apologized again and siad "it was a bad night all around". We told him we are not looking for a credit we just want to tell him of our disappointment and how they have the gall to say they compete with Mortons or Ruth Chris and change the same. He kept apologizing and said he was getting us an after dinner drink. OK so we spent $150 with 1 drink each less tip and we got "bad night".
So for what it worth I would guess like the people in the casino they want us to be suckers in the restaurant too. Well we were suckers just this once. If you do choose to eat there I hope your experiance is better and you find value! I think the old adage is true, there is no good food inside a casino! It is true for The Rivers.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Pittsburgh16066
“Surprisingly excellent steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We tried Andrew's pretty much on a whim. We were not expecting anything close to the quality that we found! We went last fall and ordered the organic, grass-fed beef. We both love a good steak, but were really surprised that the flavor and tenderness were better than anywhere we have been in many years (apologies to Capital Grille, Ruth's Chris and Flemings). We then went back to see if it had been a fluke, and we have in fact been back twice. Each time, the steaks were as good as before.

I think I would rank the side dishes slightly below the chains I just mentioned, but nor appreciably, and the quality of the beef more than made up for the difference. We have found our new favorite steak house.

• Visited March 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of the best steakhouses in pittsburgh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I had heard this restaurant was excellent but I'm not a casino person... so when i was invited i jumped to try it as i wouldn't have initiated the visit... the casino is quite energetic and no signs for the restaurant...i asked security at the entrance for directions... the restaurant is gorgeous.. reminded me a little of nemacolin... very expensive but i was on a business meeting... the waitress was a woman and excellent.... Caesar salad was very unique with Andrews own twist...i ordered the filet as there was no demonico....i got the fries, creamed corn, and mushrooms for sides..all exceptional.... the house bread was some of the best i ever had... pepper and asiago cheese crust... was not really impressed with wine that was recommended by the bartender...(cali pinot noir)... it was better after being decanted...CANT WAiT TO GO BACK..Rivals cap grille!