“Blah” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Habitat

Habitat
Reserve with OpenTable
Habitat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th and Liberty
Description: restaurant in hotel of fairmont
maryland
“Blah”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The restaurant is in the Fairmont Hotel. Didn't care for our waiter. very surprised that when we sat down, he didn't ask what we would like to drink. he went straight to what did we want to eat. after giving him our appetizer order, he started to walk away. we had to ask for drinks. i had the beet salad with goat cheese - that was very tasty. for my dinner i had the pork chop - bad choice. the pork chop had a lot of fat on it and was tough.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank DonnaJB58

“good organic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

we went here for dinner a few days ago. Their appetisers are limited. The nan bread appetiser with dip was probably the only good one they have. Their entrees are extraordinary all the meat is locally sourced and this is one of the few places that serves grass fed beef which is a lot healthier and flavorful than corn fed beef (this is the only kind of beef available all over south america). Their fish entrees which my wife and I had were also some of the best we had had in the burg. All in all a good experience. would recomend it

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh
“Great Saturday Night Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My group of friends and I tried Habitat for dinner for the first time. Was a great experience. Our waiter was very attentive and made great recommendations on entrees. He even brought out the naan bread and the evening's selection of spreads without us asking as he could see we were clearly catching up and hadn't made a decision on the appetizers. The pork chop was extremely good and the other guests in our party raved about the duck and the king crab pasta dish. We will be coming back. Looking forward to trying their Sunday brunch!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of Pittsburgh's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We frequently lunch at "Habitat" where the value simply can't be beat. Their service is impeccable and the imaginative menu is ever-changing. I personally appreciate the emphasis on fresh, local ingredients, which conveys a commitment to caring that spills over into every aspect of the dining experience here. The atmosphere is minimalist sophistication, but there are lots of fun touches like the fundraising Frog Pitchers and the Space Age french fry caddies. "Habitat" is upscale without being uptight. An equally great place for dining before your evening out at the theatre, for a leisurely Sunday Brunch, or even for a really important occasion.

Because I feel strongly that their service level has greatly improved in the past year, I am raising my rating to 5*'s. Well Done!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank evangeline57
“Locally-sourced food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Overall, we really, really enjoyed our meal here.

I'm not going to comment too much on the food specifically, as I understand it was the last week for the particular menu we had, so that wouldn't be terribly useful for future visitors. However, I will say that everything I ate was perfectly executed, and the portions were generous. At this level of cooking, any criticism is just being nitpicky. We were able to taste most of the dessert menu - definitely save room!

The waitstaff was very well informed, helpful, and professional. We didn't sit very near to the kitchen, which was fine with me because I think it could have been a bit distracting. According to my Foursquare checkin, the frog water pitchers are for sale, though I didn't ask!

We ate here for dinner, I'd like to try it for lunch sometime, I'd be interested in comparing. Overall, I thought the value at this price level was really quite good and the food stands up to the other restaurants in Pittsburgh in its category.

• Visited October 2012