“Best meal in Pittsburgh”
Review of Habitat

Habitat
Ranked #129 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th and Liberty
Description: restaurant in hotel of fairmont
Naples, Florida
“Best meal in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wonderful fresh seafood and excellent service. Waiter was helpful and each dish was
Just excellent. Great seasonings without being overpowering.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I had dinner at the restaurant while attending a conference in Pittsburgh and it was wonderful. It's a nice place to go for a fancy and creative dinner. As an appetizer, we had the naan, which was amazing. For dinner, I had the salmon, which was wonderful, but I will admit, it was undercooked in the middle, so if you get it, check that. My SO had the whitefish which was also wonderful. But, be sure to save room for dessert, which was outstanding. We had the pistachio partfait, which sounds weird, but is absolutely incredible. The smores cheesecake also looked fantastic (we saw it delivered to the next table). The staff is more than hellpful, in fact the manager visted all of the tables and the wait staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. It's a little pricy, but if you feel like a little splurge, this is the place to do it.

• Visited October 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worth it”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I went here for my birthday and was pleasantly surprised. The location is nice, in a new hotel downtown, and the menu, though not very extensive, gives good options even for picky eaters such as myself. It wasn't crowded when we went, so the ambiance was nice and relaxed. Highly recommended for special occasions as it's rather pricey.

• Visited September 2011
Marietta, Ohio
“The Only Place To Go”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Was there for both a breakfast and a dinner. My wife and I have decided that the key word here is "fresh." Everything looked, smelled, and tasted fresh. The service was refreshing, as our waiter Carlo was excellent, even after I sent him on a wild goose chase. Had the striped bass and my wife had the chicken breast, both were excellent. My wife had the French toast for breakfast which was amazing. Anybody who wants to enjoy fine dinning find it here.

• Visited May 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We went to Habitat on April 30th before we went to see "Lewis Black" at Heinz Hall. The food and service were wonderful, as they only use local products for their meals when they can and if not, they find the closes source for the meal. In fact they had these unusual water pitchers that were designed by I think a local artist and our table was made from a local tree. The only negative thing I would even hesitate to add is that their wine descriptions did not match the wine they served. The wine was good, but didn't come close in taste and aroma to the description on the wine list. I know a bit picky of me, but that would be the only negative to the whole experience plus it wasn't as expensive though still pricey as we anticipated.

• Visited April 2011