“Loved this little Peruvian place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #274 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
pittsburgh
“Loved this little Peruvian place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went shopping in the Strip yesterday, we took a chance and stopped at Chicken Latino for lunch. We split a huge vegetable chimichanga, full of black beans. Mmmmm! It was sooo delicious and plenty for us both. Can't wait to go back and try the chicken!!!

• Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I only had the sweet fried plaintains and they were satisfying. Although, I would have preferred the pieces to be in smaller slices oppose for being so thick cut

• Visited September 2013
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Different and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tasty chicken, unique Sides and desserts. The food is Peruvian themed,the SWEET PLANTAINS were the best I have ever eaten. The YUCCA FRIES are very unique,try them with the recommended dipping mix and its unlike anything else.Yucca
is a root vegetable, as is the potato. Deep fried (after boiling or steaming),
Yucca is an excellent replacement for fried potatoes, and has a distinctive flavor. We both loved them.The chicken itself was juicy,tender and spiced different than your average bird.Also on weekends they have what I call Peruvian pot roast and some other dishes you may wish to try. its inexpensive in truth and I will visit them again.

• Visited August 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Still dreaming of the sauce...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow--LOVED Chicken Latino on our trip to Pittsburgh! The service and food were fantastic--the chicken was amazing. So sorry that we didn't have time to go back for a second meal, and definitely sorry that we were unable to take the amazing green chile sauce back with us (it needs to be refrigerated). Seriously considering having that stuff shipped to me...

• Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Peruvian food in Pittsburgh - delicious and exceptional value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm thankful that my co-workers introduced me to Chicken Latino on a recent lunch outing. I have been craving the rotisserie chicken and the bright green chile sauce in the squeeze bottle it comes with ever since my first visit. I've been back a few times since then and it's been perfect every single time.

The chicken is so delicious - perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. I easily took out the quarter chicken with rice and beans and plantains on the side. The green chile sauce is perfect on everything. That sauce is just as delicious as the chicken and it's a balanced tasty-hot counterpoint to the entree.

On a Sunday lunch after church with my family, we did the whole chicken, rice and beans and fried plantains. A great meal at a great price ($20 altogether).

This place is great for kids, the service is very friendly and attentive, prices are great and the food is delicious. What's not to love about this place?

• Visited January 2013