“Good food”

Ranked #266 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Peruvian
“Good food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I only had the sweet fried plaintains and they were satisfying. Although, I would have preferred the pieces to be in smaller slices oppose for being so thick cut

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Different and tasty”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tasty chicken, unique Sides and desserts. The food is Peruvian themed,the SWEET PLANTAINS were the best I have ever eaten. The YUCCA FRIES are very unique,try them with the recommended dipping mix and its unlike anything else.Yucca
is a root vegetable, as is the potato. Deep fried (after boiling or steaming),
Yucca is an excellent replacement for fried potatoes, and has a distinctive flavor. We both loved them.The chicken itself was juicy,tender and spiced different than your average bird.Also on weekends they have what I call Peruvian pot roast and some other dishes you may wish to try. its inexpensive in truth and I will visit them again.

• Visited August 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Still dreaming of the sauce...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow--LOVED Chicken Latino on our trip to Pittsburgh! The service and food were fantastic--the chicken was amazing. So sorry that we didn't have time to go back for a second meal, and definitely sorry that we were unable to take the amazing green chile sauce back with us (it needs to be refrigerated). Seriously considering having that stuff shipped to me...

• Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Peruvian food in Pittsburgh - delicious and exceptional value!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm thankful that my co-workers introduced me to Chicken Latino on a recent lunch outing. I have been craving the rotisserie chicken and the bright green chile sauce in the squeeze bottle it comes with ever since my first visit. I've been back a few times since then and it's been perfect every single time.

The chicken is so delicious - perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. I easily took out the quarter chicken with rice and beans and plantains on the side. The green chile sauce is perfect on everything. That sauce is just as delicious as the chicken and it's a balanced tasty-hot counterpoint to the entree.

On a Sunday lunch after church with my family, we did the whole chicken, rice and beans and fried plantains. A great meal at a great price ($20 altogether).

This place is great for kids, the service is very friendly and attentive, prices are great and the food is delicious. What's not to love about this place?

• Visited January 2013
Portsmouth, Virginia
“4.5 - Would Have Been a "5" if They Served Coffee!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Okay - so we hit "The Strip" for breakfast and saw the lines at Delucos and put our name on the list at Pamelas. That's when we noticed this little Peruvian restaurant across the street that had a sign outside advertising "Breakfast Burritos with Chorizo!" We looked at each other and decided to ditch the line at Pamelas and head over to Chicken Latino. Since we were there for breakfast we asked for coffee. The one disappointment was that they did not serve coffee - not even Peruvian coffee.
We ordered sodas and then asked the waitress what kind of breakfast burritos they served. That's when we learned that they have one breakfast burrito - with chorizo!! Along with the eggs and chorizo we could choose with or without cheese and green peppers. When the burritos arrived they were HUGE and we decided to use forks and knives rather than try to manage it with both hands. The chorizo was delicious - not to spicy, but I did appreciate the salsa and sour cream that were served on the side. The food was AMAZING!
What a wonderful surprise that left us very happy that we ditched the lines across the street and were able to enjoy our Peruvian Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo! The service was great, the food was fabulous and the prices were very reasonable.
The next time we visit Pittsburgh we will return to Chicken Latino but the next time for lunch. The chicken quasadilla that the little boys were eating that were sitting next to us looked so delicious I really wanted just to grab one out of their hands. Chicken Latino is the place to go: for breakfast or lunch!

• Visited September 2012