“Best Anywhere”

Ranked #31 of 54 Dessert in Pittsburgh
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I've developed something of an addiction to gelato. I've actively searched for it in every city I visit. Mercurio's is, hands down, the best I have ever had. Authentic, inventive, delicious. My usual favorite is the amaretto, but they periodically have mojito & cantaloupe, both of which are outstanding. I should also mention that service is always friendly and patient and the new location on Walnut Street is great. (But bring back the mojito!)

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Bright, cheerful servers scooped out delightful gelato for us--one peanut butter and one vanilla caramel pecan. Fresh and yummy!

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Located above Girasole, Mercurio's is a great treat in Shadyside.

Wonderful selection of gelato from traditional stracciatella and gianduia to flavors like "cake batter" and caramel latte.

Fresh and creamy. Priced by weight. Great service with a smile!

1  Thank cbj401