“Warm inviting atmosphere and staff, amazing food.”
Review of Spoon

Spoon
Reserve with OpenTable
Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 2,266 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Penn Circle
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for friends bday, triple date style. Unlike many expensive places, Spoon has a more calm and less trendy atmosphere with neutral decor. The staff was knowledgeable about food and wine and were just the right amount of attentiveness. Appetizers were nice, and we tried a variety of mains, including local venison steak and free range chicken which were both cooked perfectly, with matching sides, like parsnip puree to die for. We also got dessert, mine was a citrus souffle with grapefruit caviar. One of the best desserts ever. Wine selection was fairly decent and they have many good but reasonably priced ones available by the glass. I will definitely return and recommend it.

1  Thank girlcitrus

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am glad we went but will not rush to return. The service was slow and sloppy: it felt unpolished and new. The food however did not disappoint. we had salads, fish and vegie entrees. The deserts were nice and all the portions were smaller but sufficient. Not too noisy, the ambiance was informal but pleasant. I suggest checking the menu before you go because the selections are few and there might not be anything you want. Not a place for small children but our teenagers were OK there.

1  Thank JakeCincinnati99
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The menu offered a nice selection of items for any taste. Being the picky eater that I am, I was excited to find myself struggling to choose just one. My glass of Malbec was a great pairing as well. Service was on point and consistent with the low-key, sophisticated atmosphere of the restaurant. I could have eaten there every night.

1  Thank lovnlifeagain
Reviewed December 16, 2012

upscale decor, attentive service without being annoying....beautifully imagined and prepared food, in elegant and appropriate portions.....they aren't serving the masses here with gigantic plates of ordinary food...all in all, memorable evening. the food was moderately priced, wines on the high side, but unusual choices. we appreciated the fact that the restaurant focuses on LOCAL foods when possible,

2  Thank lakebuddy52
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It doesn't get much better in Pittsburgh. Great lighting, great cocktails, service is first class and the food is terrific. They also have a corkage policy, which I love. The restaurant just has that right vibe.

1  Thank Jlb968