“Nice & Updated”

Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Houston, Texas
“Nice & Updated”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend trip to Pittsburgh. I did my homework before and Hyatt Place seemed to be nicely located within the city. I was expecting a large skyscraper hotel like lots of hotels in major citys, but this one topped out at 7 floors. It is convienently located right next door to PNC Park and a couple of blocks away from Heinz Field. Parking is an additional $18/day. It had a nice bar and eating area with a 24 hr menu. We got to our room and we couild tell it was a newr place bc we could still smell the fresh wood. It was nicely decorated. Nice big TV and king bed. I would say the space was not small by any means, but it couldve been bigger (bathroom and sink area). The complimentary shuttle was very nice. We only to one taxi ride thanks to the shuttle. The shuttle leaves every hour to drop you off where you want to go, and if they can fit it in, will pick you up if you call the front desk. Overall, we had a nice stay. Hotel was very clean and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 31, 2011

What a great hotel. Not living very far away, my husband and I take frequent overnight stays in the city. We were both very happy with our choice at this new Hyatt in Pittsburgh.
The staff are just wonderful people. Very friendly and kind and welcoming. The rooms are fantastic. New and modern and just spacious enough. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly and look forward to coming back to this fine establishment.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alynn
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I've done quite a bit of travelling and have spent many nights in Pittsburgh over the years, and this is the best stay I've ever had. I came in late one night and they made me a hamburger at 1 in the morning, it really hit the spot. I needed a ride downtown and they took me. The van driver was very nice and knew the city very well. I loved the TV, it was huge. I was very impressed with the service, which is more than I can say about some other experiences I've had. I'm cashing in my points and joining Hyatt's program.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AngeloM061486
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I came in for the Winter Classic this year and I was really surprised at how nice the hotel is. They have food and a bar. The rooms are huge, larger than some suites I've stayed in. My wife and I had a comfortable night sleep in our king room. The free breakfast was nice and they had Starbucks which I liked the most. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul_Jennifer
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I traveled to Pittsburgh in December for a Steelers game and not only was the Hyatt Place the closest hotel to Heinz Field, it is the best! The staff was great and very friendly. We sat and had a few drinks at the bar and got to talk with one of the managers there. They really made our time in Pittsburgh worthwhile!
When checking into the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised about how large the rooms were. There were 4 of us in the room with 2 queens and there was also a pull out sleeper. Room was equipped with mini fridge, coffee maker, and the largest TV that I have seen in any hotel room during my travels throughout the United States. We had an awesome view of downtown Pittsburgh and of Heinz Field.
You can tell that the hotel just had opened because it was spotless and smelled brand new. We used to stay at another hotel in downtown Pittsburgh but I know that we will go back to Hyatt Place on North Shore. I signed up for their frequent hotel points program and am officially Hyatt's #1 fan!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SteelersGal86
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Service was impeccable. I really hope they continue the level of attention and appreciation for the business. So many times hotels start off strong then become complacent. Layout of lobby was cool. Great vibe. Excellent location, quite easy to get to - right at PNC Park and Heniz Field. Room was huge with great view of the city. Not sure about the whole green electricity savings in my room. Had a hard time turning on light above bed without all the lights being on. Basic room is actually a 2 section suite with large couch, desk, refrigerator etc... bed was comfortable with really great pillow. Bathroom was basic, closet small. No full service restaurant on site but they staff is willing to make you anything within their ability. Free shuttle service around city is GREAT.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business