“Very nice, well priced, dog friendly and near everything...what else does one want?”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
washingtondc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

OK, last minute weekend college visit trip, and an online, site unseen choice of hotel permitting dogs (for a $50 per visit charge), centrally located and reasonably priced...as we were driving to Pittsburg. And Hyatt Place is what we got, and it was great! A three year old property, clean and modern, near the Stadium, the Warhol museum, the casino and science museum, the river walk, and a foot bridge 15 minute walk to central Pittsburg. We ate across the street at the very good white table cloth steak house (forgot its name but it was worth the $50 - 60 per plate price), and had the decent complementary breakfast at the hotel. A $19 parking fee meant as much to keep the game day parkers out as it is anything else. This was a good hotel, well run, and nicely appointed. I would go back.a

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jody R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed our pet friendly hotel along with our location and many great attractions. We appreciate taking the time providing your feedback and recommendation.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fairfield, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a great find! I was here during baseball season, and this hotel was about 50 yards from the front gate of PNC Park.

I Liked:
-Location. It's about 1/2 a mile from downtown Pittsburgh, 50 yards from PNC Park, and 200 yards from Heinz Field.
-The free breakfasts provided in the morning
-The excellent service
-The computers in the lobby for usage

I didn't like the horrible wifi. It didn't work at all. That's really my only problem. I think the prices are reasonable for the amazing location.

Room Tip: There's a wing next to the highway, and the wing next to the ballpark is loud. Ask for a room in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and our awesome location. I apologize that you were disappointed with our Wi-Fi. We recently upgraded our Wi-Fi and can assure you that we resolved any problem. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was nice and spacious. Front desk staff was a bit weird... maybe because we were from Cleveland. We enjoyed going to the Jerome Bettis restaurant and then walking along the river. There were even fireworks. Pretty cool! We took a trip to a couple bars and also the Duquesne Incline. It was a really nice time! The hotel was very clean and we enjoyed the bar downstairs and the snacks they had late-night. We did have to pay $30 for parking for the weekend which was surprising. Other than that, we had a really good stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time providing your feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience our complimentary shuttle and our great location. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had stayed here for one night on October 11th, 2013. It was a very nice hotel. I drove from Wisconsin and knowing I would be there before the check in time of 3pm, I called ahead of time to see if I would be able to check in early to catch a nap before a concert I was there to see. The customer service was great! When I arrived the manager and the receptionist not only checked us in at noon, but offered to walk us around the hotel and show us all of the amenities.

When we got to our room it had everything we needed and a pretty stellar view over the river walk. The hotel is located a few steps from the free underground metro system that we used to take us to the concert and back again. Although literally, right next to the expressway you can not hear any of this traffic from your room. It was a quiet hotel and provided us everything we needed.

However, when taking a shower I noticed that the lower quarter of our shower curtain was black with mold. I'm a pretty big clean freak, and it definitely made me gag when I hopped in the shower. I pushed that shower curtain out of the tub so it wouldn't come near me. When we check out I told a new receptionist (not the one that checked me in the day before) about the shower curtain. He simply nodded at me, took out a clipboard, asked for the room number and jotted down the following: "427 - guest said mold on shower curtain." He did not apologize, acknowledge that I was a bit upset, or even look at me for that matter. He was not busy, and did not say bye or thank you to us when we were leaving.

All of the aforementioned aside, I would stay there again for hope the shower curtain was a fluke - it was the only thing even a little dirty in the whole hotel, and the gentleman checking us out the morning we left has since parted ways with this Hyatt Place - he didn't fit in with the customer service that was provided throughout the stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your most recent stay at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore. I can assure you that the issue that you had with our shower was an isolated incident and has been resolved. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel overall. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were coming into town for both a college game (Saturday) and a Steelers game (Sunday) so opted to stay over Saturday and Sunday nights. I hadn't been to Pittsburgh in 16 years and did not stay downtown during that visit, so I wasn't really sure how convenient the Hyatt was going to be thought it certainly LOOKED like it would be handy to Heinz Field.

We weren't disappointed. We pulled into the hotel parking lot and BAM! There was Heinz Field within a 5 minute walk...if that. Take note, PNC Park was on the other side of the hotel so this is a great spot whether you are visiting for baseball or football. It was nice that there was gated parking at the hotel so we were able to park our vehicle and leave it there all weekend (at $19 a day). But really, we were more than happy to pay that for the convenience.

The hotel was nicely appointed and are room was very comfortable and clean. The room is laid out in a smart way and the bed was really comfortable! Ran into the housekeeping staff in the hall a couple of times and they were as nice as could be. Breakfast we surprisingly good for a free breakfast. My only complaint would be that the area could have been "looked after" a bit more but any type of food bar gets untidy quickly with even a minimal amount of people grazing.

The hotel also has a pool and fitness center though we did not take advantage of either of these.

Would most definitely stay at this Hyatt again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side of the hotel which will put you a little further from the highway n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank erin c
Jody R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for selectng the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore for your most recent stay! I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and hope you had a great time at the football games! I hope you will be staying with us in the near future!

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was rated 4 stars by past guests, when we checked the reviews.

However, our experience was an extremely poor example of a hotel looking to insure its guests have an enjoyable stay.

The River walk location is fabulous.
Having that said, there was nothing else positive with regard to our stay at the Hyatt North Shore, Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania.

The shower curtain and tub enclosure were very mouldy and slimy green.

The beds squeaked a lot when we got on we sunk down into the springs. Thankfully they were not squeaky to sleep on.

The buffet breakfast ran out of coffee while guests grumbled and said " as usual ".

The room, booked for three guests had coffee and supplies for only two guests.

Customer service was not satisfactory.

Unfortunately, our stay was not enjoyable and subtracted from our trip's pleasure.

Room Tip: Not a Good Value, stay at a 3 star and be much happier.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda P
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. I can assure you that this is not the service we strive for. Please call me directly the next time you are here and I will personally ensure that we meet all of your expectations.

Orefield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is our second stay at North Shore Hyatt Place. We stayed on a weekend when Pitt played Notre Dame and the Steelers played the Bills so the location of the hotel was ideal as it is the closest hotel to Heinz Field. Check in and Check out were quick and the staff was friendly. The complimentary breakfast is the best I have had at a hotel. Location, comfort and cleanlinest and reasons I will continue to stay here when I am in Pittsburgh and attending an event on the North Shore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cgrsmkn
Thank you for selecting the Hyatt Place pittsburgh-North Shore for your most recent stay and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our property and especially the breakfast! We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!