“Great Stay”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here July 13th. Purpose of the trip was business in the downtown Pittsburgh area. It's across the river from downtown, between the Pirates Stadium and Heinz Field. Great location! The waterfront was easily accessible and nice for some exercise and there were numerous restaurants in walking distance. Also, a walk into downtown is feasible but there is also a subway station within a block of the hotel to carry you in to downtown. Very spacious suites! And not a bad price for parking. $19.

• Stayed: July 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

994 - 1,000 of 1,200 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here one night prior to a Pirates game. The cost was on par with most other hotels in the area. The location is perfect since it is a quick walk to PNC park. Even with all of the noise outside of the hotel after the game, the room was quiet as could be. The only issue was the breakfast the next morning was a disaster. They could not keep up with the amount of people and most food trays were empty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for two nights. We went to the first preseason game of the Steelers. I loved that the hotel was within walking distance of the stadium. Beautiful area and felt very safe. The employees were all so very helpful and accommodating. I especially want to give a big shout out to the people running the breakfast area. It was very busy and they were on top of everything WITH A SMILE ON THEIR FACES! I know I wouldn't have wanted to be smiling. Did I say it was busy?! Our room was lovely, nice to have a sitting area. We did not go in the pool but it did look inviting. The stay was a little pricey but I felt it was worth it to be within walking distance of the stadium and Fort Pitt State park (which was a beautiful area ). Will definitely stay there again if we go to another game. We had a great time even if the Steelers did lose:(

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I just came back from watching the Pirates play at beautiful PNC Park! We stayed at the Hyatt NorthShore. Within walking distance of the stadium. Continental Breakfast was superb. Room was outstanding as was the service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a recent concert. We found this hotel very comfortable and patient. When we stayed here, Kenny Chesney was playing @ Heinz Field. So..... The staff at the hotel we friendly, informational, and like I said patient/ tolerant. The location was key for me since I didn't wanna have to sit in anymore traffic than I had too. The price? Of course they had to jack the price up for that weekend just like every other hotel within a 10 mile radius if the city! Overall, very clean, accommodating, and did I mention patient/tolerant?! I WILL STAY HERE NEXT YEAR FOR THE SHOW AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for a hockey tournament in March, 2013. I loved the room setup - great for traveling with our son. The rooms were clean and spacious and everything looked and felt new. We had a good breakfast every morning too. The hotel was also very accommodating to our hockey team, providing extra rooms for a team party. The location is terrific with lots of restaurants and sports nearby. I'd love to go back for a Pirates game and stay here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh Gene... M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience the local attractions as well. Let us know when your next hockey tournament is so we can book your group again.
Regards,

Jon Sallinen

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt during the NCAA tournament in March 2012. It was during St. Patrick's Day weekend so Pittsburgh was very busy. The Hyatt was able to transport my friends and me to the Consol Energy Center and Southside for no charge. The shuttle service was excellent. The breakfast was delicious and the hotel staff was extremely friendly. I would love to stay here for a Pirates game or Steelers game.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience our complimentary shuttle that will deliver you to a destination of your choice in a 3 mile radius. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Regards,