“Best Hotel in Pittsburgh!”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Hotel in Pittsburgh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

First, I would like to say that I love the Hyatt Place. I have Hyatt Place phone numbers preset on my phone between Pittsburgh and South Carolina; they are always my frist choice. I have had great experiences at Hyatt Places throughout the country, and my stay at the Hyatt Place in Pittsburgh (North Shore) may have even raised the bar.

When I saw my business was taking me to Pittsburgh I was excited to stay at the Hyatt Place there. My experience here has exceeded all expectations, from the warm greeting I received upon arrival to the genuine interest the staff took in making sure that I enjoyed all aspects of my stay.

The gallery and rooms were clean and comfortable. Food and beverages, including a bar, were readily available. Try their cookies - delicious! The wireless internet, business center, and complimentary shuttle were easily accessible and convenient.

The real highlight of the Hyatt Place is the staff. Always friendly, always eager to please. I had a handful of team members assisting me at every turn with any and all of my needs. I think that everyone who works there helped me at some point throughout the course of my stay! Suzanne (aka "Pomp"), Daniel, Ty, Cassi, Lacey, Ashley, Sarah, and Darrien were all so incredibly helpful that I have remembered all of their names!

Overall this was one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. Obviously I would highly recommend staying at the Hyatt Place to anyone visiting Pittsburgh. I am even taking time out of my busy schedule to share it with all of you, instead of sleeping I am writing this review!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Jersey,USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this property. We had originally booked at another hotel in a different location, but were advised that this location would be better for sightseeing. We could see the ballpark from our room. It was also conveniently located to the football stadium, a beautiful walking trail by the river, museums, and many restaurants. The employees are all so friendly, and offered great advice regarding the area. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service. You have to reserve the shuttle in advance. A simple phone call to the front desk is all it took to reserve it. The workout room was well-equipped as well. Breakfast was also complimentary. I also found this hotel to be very modern and clean. The layout of the room was very spacious and made for a comfortable stay. It was a great place to spend a couple of days!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed at this Hyatt with friends for an event at Heinz Field. Had a great experience. The hotel was really nice. The continental breakfast in the morning was very good.The location of the hotel is EXCELLENT. It is within walking distance to Heinz Field and the new Three Rivers Casino as well as a lot of restaurants. We ate at the Jerome Bettis 36 Grill and loved it. The food was delicious.

There was a pool and gym. Both looked nice but didn't have a chance to use either.

I''d stay here again in the future. The stay was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at the North Shore Pittsburgh Hyatt Place on a family road trip driving across the country. We arrived in Pittsburgh in the late afternoon for the first time tired after a day's drive from Indianapolis. We were pleased to experience an efficient, trouble free check-in with attentive staff. We asked for recommendations on ethnic restaurants close by and the staff helpfully googled several locations, printing out walking directions for our use. The hotel's location is fantastic for a visitor interested in local culture, with PNC Park and Heinz Field a block away and the Andy Warhol museum and downtown within walking distance. The hotel was clean, the included breakfast was typical for Hyatt Place, and we were able to check out and depart as smoothly as when we arrived. I would definitely look to stay in this hotel again should I return to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Punjab_traveler
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I make it to Pittsburgh once a year with family to watch baseball. Normally we stay at the SpringHill Suites; however it was booked solid the weekend we were in Pittsburgh. We decided to stay at Hyatt Place.

The good - nice big rooms, helpful staff, walking distance to PNC Park and Heinz Field.

The bad - there were four of us in the room and we never received four towels. Everyday we had to call down to the front desk to get more. Not that I stay somewhere because of the continental breakfast, but this place made you pay for it and the prices were ridiculous. Even after hours my brother went to the lobby to get a sandwich and paid $7.00 I think and he said the sandwich wasn't anything special. This place nickels and dimes people to death.

For my money, I am going back to the SpringHill Suites. Overall it's a better stay and breakfast and a snack won't cost you an arm and a leg.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank L T
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We opened our drapes in our room on the 7th floor and there it was ---PNC park... WOW... You can walk a half a block and be at the Pirates Games... how perfect was that!
This hotel is only 9 months old.. so it is brand new, clean and spaceous rooms.. The staff was WONDERFUL!!! They filled my request and had a high room, early check in all ready for me...The beds are comfy.. had a huge cozy couch.. the bathroom was very nice with an all glass shower.. there was also a fridge for beverages and a "mini wet bar area" . Book early if you want to see a game and reserve a room because this is a very popular place. Thanks so much to the manager and staff. We will be back next year!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

I just stayed two nights at this hotel. The room was nice and the hotel appears to be new. It is right next to the baseball stadium. Parking was $18/day. Complimentary breakfast. Room is eco friendly-- need to insert key to turn on lights and A/C. Nice room for a business traveller...large desk and lots of plugs. There was a large couch and it had a nice little computer table so you could watch TV and do your work. I would stay here again.

We also had a business meeting on site. Food was good and staff tried hard to take care of us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business