“Wonderful visit!”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We had a wonderful time here! We were in town to visit the Rivers Casino. The hotel was clean, very modern and comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly, professional and kind. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Got a great rate on Hotwire.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OPELorain
AlexWellinghoff, Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Please let us know when you will be back.

Take Care!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Through Hotwire I got our room for $88 when Hyatt's site was $220. We were able to check in early and they worked with us to get a quiet room (river view rooms). The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. My kids swam in the clean pool and we had a late snack at their 24 hour snack bar. We had a short 5 minute walk along the river to the Carnegie Science Center where we had an amazing time. We had the hotel Shuttle drive us back. Rooms are spacious and clean. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank rocksann
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I travel a lot for work and have stayed at almost every hotel in Pittsburgh at one time or the other. I am so excited about the Hyatt Place on Pittsburgh's North Shore. My experience at check in was quick, easy, and the staff was super friendly and accomodating. The Lobby is cool. The hotel was so clean... you can tell it is brand new. I had a room on the 7th floor facing downtown and the view of the city was phenomenal. My first nigth there , the staff recommended I dine at Hyde Park Steakhouse. I ate at the bar.... great happy hour and great food. (There are also a lot of other restaurants nearby.) There weren't any sporting events when I was in town, but Heinz Field and the baseball stadium are within a block or two. Great location!! The bed was super comfortable and I just can't say enough about the service. I went to the casino for a few hours my second night and received a complimentary $15 gift card for the casino from the staff at the hotel.

Overall, great location, great staff, CLEAN hotel with great views. I will definitely stay here on my next business trip!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank megdut2000
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I had to go into work for a few hours on a Saturday & decided to stay at the nearby Hyatt Place North Shore with my wife.

When we arrived, the hotel staff (referred to as "Gallery Hosts" here) were busy with another guest so I decided to take advantage of the self-service check-in kiosk. I was able to check-in and get room keys very quickly. Unfortunately you can't get parking ($18/day) through the kiosk, so we took care of that quickly with the hotel staff who was now available.

We requested a high-room floor and received on on the top floor (7th). The staff gave us a heads-up regarding the system in the room where your room key goes into a slot by the door an enables the lights and HVAC. The room was on the cool side but warmed up quickly.

The room was well laid-out for the most part, with an L-shaped couch, ottoman and try table opposite the desk and dry-bar w/mini-fridge. The large flat-screen TV is located between the sitting and bed area, pivoting to whichever area you are watching from. If you have to make sure your not at the edge of the near side of the bed or the partition wall between the sleeping and sitting areas can obstruct the view of the TV. I couldn't find a tv lineup card anywhere in the room. I also wish they had a hard copy menu in the room of the variety of food and rink available down at the front-desk.

There was no tub, only a glass-lined shower in a room with the toilet. There is a single recessed light in the bathroom, that takes time to warm up and even when it reaches full intensity the shower area is still on the dark side. The rest of the room was very well lit.

We took advantage of the free shuttle service to get a ride to/from the nearby Rivers Casino. Our driver was very friendly.

Unfortunately staying on our floor was a large group of late teen/young adults, and they chose to gather in the room adjacent to ours. We could hear them running and carrying on in the halls and in the next room. We first noticed it around 9pm, but weren't too bothered by it then. They kept at it and finally after 11pm I reported it to the front desk. They quieted down for a while but soon were back at it, requiring another call just after midnight. We could still hear them as we went to sleep. I reported the experience on the Hyatt.com feedback form online, and was quickly contacted by a customer service representative and separately from a member of the hotel staff who were very apologetic and took care us. I was very impressed by their quick response.

The continental breakfast include the typical offerings, and there was ample seating.

We checked-out using the self-serve kiosk.

We will try this hotel again as it is a very convenient location and offered clean, modern rooms - hopefully we won't encounter unruly guests this time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Hyatt Place in March during Pittsburgh's Home Improvement show. I chose this hotel, do to it being downtown and its proximity to the Rivers Casino.

This was a great choice. I felt very safe and comfortable here. The hotel room was very comfortable. Rooms have a sitting area, desk with chair, single coffee pot, hair dryer, free Internet access, cordless phones. The beds were comfortable, the linens were average. When you enter your room you need to insert your key in a second slot to activate the heat/air..and the lights.

The hotel also has an indoor pool, and a bar and coffee area and food to order anytime. The hotel provides a free continental breakfast. Get there early, because by 10am it was getting limited. The hotel also offers a shuttle to the casino and to other points of interest every hour. They do charge for parking at $18 per night.

I was happy at the Hyatt Pace, the staff was welcoming and friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rajr27
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We have stayed in other not so nice hotels in the past and will never make that mistake again. The Hyatt Place was very clean with large guest rooms and food 24 hours a day. Jamal was really nice and took care of us the minute we walked in. He answered all questions we had. The only downfall was, in the morning my husband went downstairs for the complimentary breakfast and he would of like a tray so he could carry all of our food back to the room. Other then that, we will definitely be returning to the Hyatt Place for all future adventures to Pittsburgh and will stay at the Hyatt Pittsburgh airport when we travel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

At first when I walked into the hotel, I was like "This is too classy to stay in!" I loved it. The hotel was very clean and the personelle, that worked there, was super! If i had a question they were quick to answer. They also recommended places to eat. I was very satisfied with the room. It was spacious and clean. The TV was in HD!!! Picture quality and sound were amazing. I wish I had their bathroom! Wow !!

All in all, visit was great! The casino was awesome!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple