“The staff could use some cheering up.”

Dor-Stop Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An American family diner known for its made from scratch hotcakes and French toast as seen on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. Serving breakfast and lunch during all business hours.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The staff could use some cheering up.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place is great. Local, homemade, and the only place I can find that makes true potato pancakes which I love. My fiance and I have gone there several times for the great menu, and the convenient location. However, we have two problems that have honestly discouraged is from coming back. One is their tradition of bolting the door at two o'clock. The idea is to make sure that no one new can get into the place. But the other reality is that all the patrons still inside are locked in. Needless to say I am not expecting a fire to break out anytime soon but this practice is against fire safety laws and needs to be addressed. If they are going to keep locking the door they need to but one of those metal bars on it so people can get out. The other problem we have is that several of the waitresses are ALWAYS in a bad mood. One in particular, that we have been waited on by several times, is always so visibly mad that we have deliberately avoided being seated in her area as it makes the experience so tense and unwelcoming. I'm pretty sure it isint just us seeing as we have seen her act the same way while serving other customers as well. That being said, if these two things were fixed the dor-stop would once again have two very loyal locals walking through their doors. Until then, I think we'll after to figure out an alternative. :(

• Visited March 2013

Fajardo,PR
“Great every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been here more times than I can remember and brought all of my friends from out of state to eat here and we are never disappointed! Everything is great in the menu and whatever they invent that day is great as well! The restaurant and the employees give a homey atmosphere to everyone who goes. It truly is a must-do in Pittsburgh!

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Diners, Drive-ins and Dives again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Not disappointed. Figured it would be busy on a Sunday, so arrived about 8:30. No waiting. Quick and efficient service. Great dinner food. Sausage and egg omelette and strawberry french toast. All told, excellent value. Totally worth it.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ttaylo3
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Glad to have been there”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

The location and atmosphere are great. Very hometown for us. Loved the atmosphere. True Pittsburgh. We brought some friends in that were visiting from Connecticut and they loved it too. Breakfast food was really good. Home made and fresh, which we love. A Pittsburgh treasure

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ELP568
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

My brother saw this restaurant featured on the Food Channel so we went to try it. The food was great and the service was good. I would recommend going here. You might want to make sure you have time to wait since there typically is a wait. But it is worth it.

• Visited January 2013