“BEST Chinese Food!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Squirrel Hill South
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is the toughest review to write. I cannot stop thinking about the food we had there!! Delicious Pork Stir Fry, Fish in Spicy Broth, extremely Spicy Chicken - All the dishes had WOW written over them. These were all from the Sichuan section. We ordered an American Chinese dish - it was bland and unappetizing. But no complaints on that since we were advised beforehand to stick to Sichuan Chinese. We left it as is and instead ordered one more of the Sichuan fish dish. The food is extremely spicy - literally makes you sweat! We loved that about the food here. Easily the best Chinese we have had!!!

Important tip : Please order Sichuan Chinese. Take tips from your Chinese friends and order. That is what we did.

Warning: Extremely spicy food. Make sure you are okay with that.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had pork stir fry and some dumplings. It was so delicious i really couldn't stop eating and was more than full when i left. Reasonably priced and the service there is great.
Definitely have some dumplings, i could have had three or four serves of those things. Fantastic.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Walked past Sunday evening and the place was packed with young Asians feasting - had to give it a try. Service was very good. Everything we tried was excellent - Sichuan green beans, dry chicken, salt & pepper shrimp. Low score on aesthetics, but food is wonderful and the place has a good buzz. No beer - can you bring your own??? Do they deliver to CMU???

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Here are the things you need to know about How Lee: the atmosphere is bare, the prices are low, and the Szechuan is authentic. It is absolutely in your benefit to order off of the back menu, but if you are a lover of American Chinese food, their General Tso's and the like will not disappoint. How Lee has served as my go-to neighborhood take-out spot during my time in Pittsburgh and I can say honestly that their food -- particularly their veggies -- are always fresh and perfectly prepared (their sauteed yok choi is a perfect example of a simple dish involves fresh garlic and ginger for truly robust flavor). In a neighborhood with a wealth of traditional Asian culinary offerings, How Lee is among the best.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

As suggested, I ordered of the Szechuan menu. My son, not a real fan of spicy food ordered off the front part of the menu. My dish (pork with garlic) was quite good - spicy but not burning, very flavorful. We also had fish soup with pickles which was an accident, but excellent. My son' chicken and broccoli was ok. So, the four stars are for the menu on the back.

A good destination - though everyday noodles would be my first choice in the neighborhood.