“PROS AND CONS..... but very good”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Company booked me here for two nights while in town on business. It was a great Springhill Suites but seemed like it was on a smaller scale. The room was a nice king studio suite but odd set up with the bathroom --- the toilet and sink were completely separated from the sink and shower. At first glance, bathroom sink had two small hairs in it, but room, in general, was clean. Fairly decent size room with a fridge, microwave, coffee pot. A desk area and an L-shaped sofa separated by a partition from the king size bed. Lots of big, fluffy pillows on the bed. Pool is extremely small. Guest laundry available across the hall from pool -- very convenient. Very nice to have a complimentary shuttle to area businesses, but not THE most reliable. A little late picking up and dropping off. Breakfast in the morning was way more than expected!!! Scrambled eggs, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, cinnamon bread, cereals, every morning drink imaginable, even kiwi-strawberry vitality water, every topping you could think of for the eggs and oatmeal and they even had turkey sausage (SCORE!!!!) Hotel is convenient to lots in the area. Panera Bread attached. Huge Target and Trader Joe's within walking. Several local restaurant choices within walking. Parking in the parking garage across the walkway very convenient and covered. Front Desk staff was very accomodating, especially Ryan who helped me with many small requests. Always smiling!!

Room Tip: Try to request a room on the back side of the hotel. Very large, noisy construction site across the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Debbie29940
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Debbie29940,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square. We appreciate your feedback on both positive comments and opportunity for improvement. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer, along with the SpringHill Suites Brand in general. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Pittsburgh.

Justin Blair

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My spouse and I spent almost a week at Bakery Square in late August. We chose well; the Springhill Suites hotel was a perfect base for me to explore nearby neighborhoods, and a reasonable drive for my husband's business commutes to W.Mifflin. We moved here after a curtailed stay at a hotel near Walnut St.

1. In walking distance to many attractions, including the Frick Art Center, shopping, restaurants, and parks. I enjoyed walking to Murray St. to eat at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant (and walking to burning a few calories after a bowl of Bun Thit Nuong).
2. The hotel seems very new and clean. The room was bright and the furniture was minimalist and comfortable. The bathroom was impeccably clean and for some reason I loved the sliding doors.
3. There's health club attached to the building!
4. Hotel breakfast..is typical, but my spouse enjoyed this convenience before an early commute each day.
5.Trader Joe's within a couple blocks..also an amazing yarn store. Liked filling the mini fridge...but good luck finding a place to buy a six pack nearby (for less than $20).
6. They don't supply ceramic coffee mugs...but the kind staff at the front desk found one for us.
7.Only one complaint (request) about hotel management: Daily phone call sto enquire whether we would like more towels, housekeeping, etc. are not necessary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Finocchia,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our SpringHill Suites Bakery Square. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel and local area has to offer. We hope to see you and your husband again the next time that you are in the Pittsburgh Area.

Justin Blair

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Was partaking in the bitter-sweet moment of my son going to college and settle into the hotel after a long drive and long day after seeing my son off.. This hotel is remarkably clean and the ambiance thru out the hotel not only lifted my spirits but made me feel more comfy, while the staff were extraordinary . My only slight concern was the continental breakfast which wasn't as appetizing in selection, appearance and quality as I have expected from the Marriott Springhill's I've stayed at over the years. However, no biggie, I still give this location 10 stars if I could.. We all can have off moments in life

• Stayed: August 2013

Chizzman,
We appreciate you selecting SpringHill Suites Bakery Square to serve your hotel needs while taking your son to college. We’re happy to have provided a little extra comfort for your stay with our clean accommodations and excellent service. Your feedback is important to us on opportunities for improvement. We hope you’ll visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was our first time staying at this Springhill Suites in Pittsburgh. It was a very pleasant stay and there were a few perks included as well. One of my personal "requirements" in a hotel is a fitness center. This Springhill Suites offers use of the entire LA Fitness that is attached by an enclosed bridge on the second floor. Needless to say, I was in "heaven". A second amenity is the free breakfast that was included. Cereals, eggs, make your own waffles, muffins-the usual. I particularly liked the coffee-not watered down and the availability of fresh fruit. Now to the staff, they were pleasant, friendly, and professional. Our request for extra towels was responded to within minutes. As for the rooms, they are spotlessly clean and used all available space efficiently. This includes having a toilet and sink in one small room and shower (no tub) and sink in another. At first, we all thought it was kinda cool, but it quickly became an inconvenience. Our room had two queen sized beds and a pull out. The beds were comfortable and bedding fresh. We did not experience noise from the outside, but that could be because our view was a school bus depot and our visit was over a weekend. Overall, we enjoyed our abbreviated one night stay and would consider coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adventurers-PA
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Adventurers-PA,
We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we appreciate you choosing SpringHill Suites Bakery Square. It’s great to know our comfortable accommodations, hospitable service, and value added amenities met your satisfaction. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would like to give this hotel a higher rating, but a couple of things made our stay less enjoyable than one would expect at ~$200/night. 1) The north facing room was located above a dumpster area where at extremely early morning hours loud crashing sounds kept us awake. 2) The bed was positioned close to the A/C unit near the window, which added less than comfortable noise and draft issues. The hotel is located in an up-and-coming area and ideal for us to access the parts of Pittsburgh we are interested in. I hope they'll try a bit harder next time.

Room Tip: South facing rooms are likely quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KVR802
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

KVR802,
Thank you for sharing feedback. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide the exceptional stay that you’ve come to expect from us. Your feedback is important to us and provides many areas of opportunity for improving our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Pittsburgh. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I travel over half of every year and this year I spent 4 months at this particular Springhill Suites. I can honestly say it was one of the best hotels I've been to. The staff is very professional, courteous, and personable. There was a mix up with my laundry and the manager quickly resolved it and didn't hesitate to reimburse the charge. I also had various other small circumstances that were handled in a timely and satisfying manner. I would highly recommend this hotel, as it is also close to just about everything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed two times in this hotel. Given the location, its a good place if you willing to stay outside of the downtown area and drive around. Breakfast bar included, good for a morning up n go. Rooms are comfortable and clean. I will stay here over n over. :)

• Stayed: July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

LORY K,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at SpringHill Suites Bakery Square. It’s great to hear that you’ve consistently enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our hotel perfectly suited for your travels to Pittsburgh. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest on your next visit to the area. Thank you again for writing.