“Will be staying here again when visiting Pitt”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square
Ranked #33 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Rochester, New York
“Will be staying here again when visiting Pitt”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed here for a college visit for my son at Pitt. The location was good. There are closer hotels, but this was only 15 minutes from the main part of campus and the shuttle dropped us off and picked us up wherever we wanted to go. Their rooms have a split bath set up toilet/sink and separate shower/sink which really helps when 3 people are trying to get ready. Free parking and breakfast. Be sure to request an even numbered room so you are on the more quiet side of the building. (There's a bus depot on the other side). The rooms have iPod docks, two queen beds with sofa, nice desk and closet. Nice small bar area and breakfast area. It's farther away from Pitt than some of the hotels, but with the shuttle it worked out well. Only complaint was Saturdary morning breakfast needed to be better attended to by the staff as things were running out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
KellyAnn88, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thanks TitanMom16 for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us! I am glad you found the split bathroom and our shuttle service to Pitt helpful. Breakfast on weekends are quite busy as it is a popular amenity and time for families to catch up. We work hard to keep everything stocked and looking sharp. We run the buffet from 6:30am-9:30am during the week and 7am-10am on weekends, and encourage guest to come down early and beat the closing rush. We definitely strive for continuous improvement in this and all areas, so appreciate your feedback. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again!

Best regards,
Francisco Selles, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2011

As part of my job, I travel to alot of different cities and stay at many different hotels. Currently, I am working in Pittsburgh and will be for the next 6 months. I have been staying at Springhill Suites at Bakery Square every week since Feb 2011. This hotel is wonderfully clean, bright, and efficient. The staff at the front desk (Tim) are always very welcoming and do their very best to make me feel like I am coming home. The drivers (Layman, Dominic and Albert) are timely and courteous. The restaurant (room service) is a great addition for those late nights when I don't feel like going out to eat. Zack is very accomodating and timely with my meals. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank shayellen
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I've always been a Courtyard junkie and never actually stayed at a Springhill Suites before. Needless to say, I was shocked when I found out that internet, parking and breakfast were all free. For a cheap guy like myself, that was music to my ears. This is probably the most unique hotel I've ever stayed at. It's modern, clean and simple.
The staff is very nice and genuine. Their relaxed attitudes are what made me feel the most comfortable. One evening, I went to to desk to get a few ideas for dinner, and within 30 seconds, Zack, Al and Tim gave me a ton of options, then insisted that I use the hotel shuttle so I wouldn't have to drive.
The hotel is newer, so there isn't much to do closeby, but the shuttle dropped me off in Shadyside and picked me up, all for free. So that basically solved the only complaint I had about the place.
I think it's safe to say that staying anywhere else is going to be a challenge.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
KellyAnn88, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Thanks AndrewBL009 for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I will pass along your comments to Zack, Al, Tim and the rest of our team. We look forward to being of service to you in the future!

Truly yours,
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Before you book the room in this hotel, asked them of written copy of the all booked information. So you will receive what your order or at list you will have the proof of your order.

• Stayed February 2011
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I travel a lot for work and this is by far the best hotel I’ve stayed in! The staff is friendly and accommodating, the rooms are spacious and very clean. It is convenient to the Pitt campus as well as Downtown Pittsburgh.
I have recommended several people to stay here who feel the same as I do and I will continue doing so!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
sdrst17
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I was unimpressed with the quality or value of the hotel. The "quite" rooms have general city noise and there is some type of large truck/bus depot on the other side of the property. There are also no baths in the room, just showers. The clerk said showers are easier to clean, but the corners and floor of my shower had orange "funk". Breakfast at Springhill Suites are pretty similar, except for this one. They were out of english muffins and the eggs were scrambled in very heavy oil that settled in the warmer. The sausage and canadian bacon were these miniture version of real food, so I couldn't make a breakfast sandwich and run out the door as usual. Parking was free and the staff was polite, which was nice..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank sdrst17
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Dear Sdrst17,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I regret that you experienced issues with city noise and am glad to say that we are currently in the process of installing additional panes of glass to reduce the sounds of local traffic. My apologies as well for the cleanliness of the shower in your room, I assure you this will be addressed at our next housekeeping meeting as it does not meet our high Marriott standards. I feel badly that you did not feel at home here and shortened your stay with us, but hope this will not affect your decision to choose SpringHill Suites and Marriott for future stays as your business is very much appreciated.

Yours truly,

Miami, FL
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the SpringHill Suites in Bakery Square (Pitt). The hotel was very nice & new, so the rooms were just fantastic. The layout of the rooms is really modern & comfortable. The beds & linens are extremely comfortable & even the room service prices are reasonable! No complaints - hope my company puts me there again!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingMiamiGirl
Hi TravelingMiamiGirl,

Thanks for your review and recommendation. We’re glad to hear from you and also hope your company books you with us again!

Yours truly,